Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Bring back Thumbs up/down in radio

Spotify took away the thumbs up and down options on radio stations. Does that make you as mad as I am. I spent dozen of hours optimizing all my radio stations and now they are useless as Spotify basically plays whatever they want to play on them. It's become just like one of their own playlist. Gone all my beautiful radio stations. 

I chatted with customer support and here is what they said:

"Sorry to hear you're missing your thumbs up and down Radio, and I can see backstage this is due to the recent Spotify update. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall."

If you are dissatisfied, help get this feature back by liking this post. 

Thanks! 

Updated on 2021-06-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange!

We looked into this further and agreed that this feedback is valuable. Furthermore, the Idea has gathered the necessary amount of votes and should now be reaching the internal teams at Spotify.

We'll keep monitoring and checking out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
kill3rism

PLEASE bring back the dynamic radio playlists!

I really miss the ability to create a dynamic playlist of music/artists and then tailor it with the like/dislike buttons in the radio!

This was an excellent feature!

SweKiwi

Is the same on Android 😞

Casted_Shadow

Long story short, I was a Pandroa user for years, switched to spotify a couple years ago because it was offering more in terms of saving music/albums. The literal one factor that got me to switch platforms was that with Spotify I would still be able to craft radio stations with songs/artists/etc. and have the ability to thumbs up/down music on that raido station that I was already able to do with Pandora. After discovering that all my old radio stations no longer work, and any time I want to start a new station it makes a Spotify crafted "playlist" and still calls it radio, it really irritated me to no end. I would say I'd be swtiching to Pandora if it's not changed back, but I'm already planning on switching because who knows how long it would take to see the feature implimented back in. So very unfortunate. 

Tarek_TAD

Excellent idea ,really I do not know what were you thinking when you removed thumbs UP/Down ?!!!!!! it's very frustrating

Chokichi

I found the old radio! You have to play the last song of a playlist you made and then after that song, it will move into the old style radio where you can choose to "heart" or "don't play this song". I don't know why it's hidden like this. Who wants to have to listen to all the same songs to eventually get to a real radio. It's just a workaround, so I'd still like to see this feature back in full.

joshjunkmail
I unsubbed.
NRPK_Mez

This was possibly the best thing about Spotify. Being able to tailor your listening experiences instead of what feels like a completely random barrage of, to be prefectly frank, in some cases absolute**bleep**. 

I'm a largely a metal/punk listener and the last thing I want to pop up is some horrible trending garbage i.e. a new rap metal track when I've, as the OP, spent dozens of hours customizing and teaching a band themed radio station what I want in it. Now I don't have nicely tailored stations that perfectly suit my listening tastes and moods. 

Satumo

Currently testing google play music. They seem to care about their users feedback. Got thumbdowns and everything.

chweintr

This is the main reason why I am leaving Spotify for a different platform

tajcovek

This came back and is gone again, and now radio stations are static playlists. its awful.