Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Bring back Thumbs up/down in radio

Spotify took away the thumbs up and down options on radio stations. Does that make you as mad as I am. I spent dozen of hours optimizing all my radio stations and now they are useless as Spotify basically plays whatever they want to play on them. It's become just like one of their own playlist. Gone all my beautiful radio stations. 

I chatted with customer support and here is what they said:

"Sorry to hear you're missing your thumbs up and down Radio, and I can see backstage this is due to the recent Spotify update. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall."

If you are dissatisfied, help get this feature back by liking this post. 

Thanks! 

Updated on 2021-06-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange!

We looked into this further and agreed that this feedback is valuable. Furthermore, the Idea has gathered the necessary amount of votes and should now be reaching the internal teams at Spotify.

We'll keep monitoring and checking out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
angelx644

How dare you Spotify close this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Radio-Bring-Back-Personalized-Radio-Stat...
that was thoroughly documented and explained exactly how you ignore these requests by deleting duplicates, and then saying there weren't enough votes.
You hate your own community, and we hate you back.

ImmaMuzikStoner

Removing this was some of the stupidest**bleep** I've ever seen a MUSIC based company do.

Genuine CURATION was Spotify's largest draw, by far. Certainly so for the users that actually put in the time and effort to tweak each of these stations into a living, unique compilation that continued to evolve.

Instead the limitless nature of the curated stations is replaced by a handful of **bleep**ing 50 songs, with the bulk missing the mark and no way to actually IMPROVE the **bleep** things.

You went from basically a crate divers dream to the same shitshow iTunes was.

Congrats

some_guy_001

I feel the frustration. I had spent months customizing some of my radio stations to feed back good music, and now all of that is gone. I've tried moving on to the daily mixes as a substitute, but that's become just two or three new-ish songs mixed with the same old songs on repeat every day.

tajcovek

This feature needs to be implemented on both the Phone and PC APP. Daily playlist only have this on the phone and its very frustrating/ doesn't seem to work half the time. 

unikster

I came back to spotify because of this and I can not find it anymore??? I am sooo mad for this... this is horrible!!! I want that thumbs up on radio back!!

michaelglazener

"Marked as a new idea" ?! Is this a real response? There are hundreds of posts asking for the thumbs up and down feature and radios to be re-implemented. This is far from new and if you added all the votes you'd probably see 10k+ of them 

whitefox00

I'm not very hopeful, but I'm commenting in addition to voting up to give this more traction. I miss this feature; it was really cool to tune radios as they kept playing, and it kept me engaged with the music for longer.

brandontyson

I agree, this is infuriating. I'm a Lead UI/UX Artist in Games. Here's a user story:

As a user, I want to give direct feedback to the application regarding the songs it plays for me. There are four types of feedback I want to give:

1. Heart: I love this song, which means Spotify can add it to any list. (This icon could also be fire/flame, if you wanna brand it differently.)
  2. Prohibit Symbol (NO Sign): I hate this song, which means Spotify should hide it from all lists.
  3. Thumbs Down: This song is a "miss" for this list, which means it is a song I like but doesn't belong on this list.
  4. Thumbs Up: This song is a "hit" for this list, which means it is a song I like and it belongs on this list.

As a user, I want access to all four feedback options on any list I've created.

As a user, I want access to all four feedback options on any list Spotify has created for me.

As a user, I want access to feedback options in one click or less.

Bree18

It's impossible to find new music via Spotify without this feature. This is frustrating, because all of my music tastes today are products of using Spotify since middle school, around 2012 when "apps" were still a thing. I've been a premium user since around 2016. I got into using Spotify because of the radio, even with ads and limited skips.

Since the classic radio was completely stripped from the app, the only new music I have found comes from my discover weekly playlist, which is mixed genre and gets eaten through in a couple hours. Daily mixes are often the same tired music that's already in my playlist. Artist "radio" playlists play the same songs from the same artists over and over, and completely disregard the user's tastes. When you get to the end of a playlist and new songs are loaded, it is only AFTER you get to the end of a set playlist of related music.

Show me something new! Clairo, Frankie Cosmos, and TV Girl can't be the only artists related to SALES! Mix small indie artists in among the mainstream artists! Some of my favorite music is from small artists. Show me a song I've never heard before, even if its from an overplayed or mainstream artist! If I wanted to listen to the same songs over and over, I'd make a darn playlist myself. Save the radios I've listened to in the past, remember my choices, keep track of what's already been played, and let me come back to them! My best radios were the ones I'd come back to, over and over, curate, and refine to match my tastes. I had a radio for each genre I liked, so I could switch things up at the touch of a button. With discover weekly and daily mixes, I need to wait a week at MINIMUM to get new music. If I go on a random binge of music completely different from what I normally listen to, I now have to worry about it ending up in those playlists and limiting my choices.

TLDR; They've removed the radio feature for no good reason and replaced it with features that have less functionality. It was perfect the way it was, it helped me find a lot of good music, but now it's just one feature in a list of many that have slowly been removed over the last few years. My guess is it saves Spotify money on licensing when their users listen to a only small sample of their library. Total rip-off. Bring it back, or you'll continue to bleed long-time users that once believed in this platform and shared it with their peers. If things haven't gotten any better by the time my student discount ends, I'll be taking my money elsewhere.

PS: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Radio-Bring-Back-Personalized-Radio-Stat...This should not have been closed. If anything, the current topic should have been marked duplicate; preserving the longer, more detailed one. Spotify and their steady removal of beloved features is not above criticism, and the community deserves to see this evidence.

brandonlx

Spotify used to be a great place to discover new music but with this update it has become a lot harder. Totally ruined the radio function. It continues to place songs after a playlist ends that I know. But it's always the SAME ones. So boring and pointless.