Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
zzzombie

So good to know that Spotify always listen to their customers, and respond accordingly!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-09-07

Hey @tjb we're back to give this idea another update. We've chased up this idea with the folks behind Playlist Folders and we currently don't have a plan for letting you drop a newly created playlist into a folder once it's created on mobile. However please rest assured we've passed this feedback on to the playlist teams again and they'll continue to get updates on your comments. If there's any news on this we'll post it here first, thanks!

abbe67
Hi.

Thats good.
I think this is a good function that more and more people explore!!

Hope you can FIX IT! ✌️

Love Abbe, from Sweden
--
Görgen 070-555 04 14

I primarily use Spotify on mobile, and I’m a very heavy user. I spend hours everyday using Spotify. I love your playlists and music discovery. It’s why I left Apple Music. The problem is: it’s so easy to accumulate so many playlists by following ones for different moods and everything. It would be so nice to be able to put these in a folder on mobile. It’s not a deal breaker, but it would be a nice feature. 

davidvb

To me (a power user and someone that likes and needs organized list) it seems absolutely ludicrous that it’s still not possible to create and manage folders on the mobile apps!! Do you guys use iTunes or just don’t like music enough that you just have a couple of playlists anyway?

In the real world folders are a necessity, not a luxury..

Whats the team so busy with that they don’t have time to make sure (all) these minimal requirements are implemented correctly once and for all? It’s mindblowing guys, this isn’t rocket science..

sowdenm

This is even more important now that the latest IOS upgrade has introduced a do not disturb while driving. 

It is now impossible to change playlists while in the car, so to have the playlists ordered, and in a folder is a necessity now. Just get on with this pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee!!!!!

Cgx343

So I'm trying to convert my people from Pandora to Spotify and some of them asked if there's a better way to organize radio/playlists. Putting them in subgroups(folders) is a good idea and I told them they can do it on PC but not on mobile. I'm not an app designer but adding this functionality to mobile just seems like a logical thing to do.

amandakreider

It is absolutely insane that this functionality is not available on mobile. I have folders for my playlists and I can't move anything into them!

larryk12309

Yes it's the same on Android! And it's a pain in the lumbar!

cinkincat

Pleeaase fix this.. I no longer have a laptop/computer so I cannot sort my playlists at all now!