Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
Welsheh
I'm with you on this one! I hate having to go onto my desktop to rearrange/delete playlists when the functionality could be easily implemented onto mobile devices since you can already rearrange songs within a playlist in this way. Please follow this up spotify 🙂
ajfromuk

Dito this... its annoying to load the mobile app up only to see ALL the playlists there 😞

jmh

Agreed.  It's awful.

pavlo3d

agree spotify please do something about it 🙂

jniklasson

I agree totally. Not being able to rearrange my playlists and not being able to edit the play queue properly is the two things that stops the iPhone app from being excellent.

bluejazz
It is frustrating. What I can suggest is until Spotify fixes this is to create a playlist folder (when you're using the desktop app) called 'To Be Filed' then put your playlists in here when you're on mobile and then when you get back to your desktop create the appropriate folder for the playlist. Hope this helps.
rieke378

Please do somethin' about it. It's annoying!

Gntfian
Please, insert in iPhone app the same activity for managing playlists folders of windows app!!!

I use (and pay premium) spotify only with iphone.

Thanks, my id is
Gntfian
JcJames

This needs to happen!

Nothing more annoying when you can't sort your wide selection of playlists on the go. 

Zerocool77

I agree that it would be awesome to be able to rearrange my playlists on the fly in the mobile app.  I hate to use iTu... on my iPhone, but I have much more control of my music using this app. I would like to be able to change the order of music just like on the desktop, but on the mobile app. I spend a lot of time in my car (commuting to work & back) and I get frustrated that I can only delete and add music to playlists, but no edit functionality.

Please update this......:-)