Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

It would be nice to be able to better organize playlists in folders on the mobile apps.  Or at the very least, specify which folder a playlist should go in when it is first created.  Right now, in iOS, any playlists that I create are just added to the main list, without giving the option to put them in a folder, and it is not possible to move playlists to/from folders.  I'm assuming this will be the same on Android when it is implemented.

Updated on 2019-10-29

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
For now we'll be keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
kaisakumari

I have a ton of playlists and it would be nice if I could put them in different folders. My Spotify would be much more organized!

die_socke

The Android app would profit from this, too.

artisanjones

I would love to have playlist folders!

langweiligh3

too bad.

Amerzel

Please consider prioritizing this feature. Thanks. 

DerCyberfreak

I'd ask you to reconsider the prioritization. It can't be any more, these days, that you need a computer to organize your playlists.

I would like to be able to create folders on my smartphone and move existing playlists to them, even on the go!

Many greetings

wwwathlete

Agree 100%. When you click on the menu of the playlist there should be an option that says "Add to Folder," then it shows you a list exactly like on the desktop version. If a (primary) folder has another folder inside then this secondary folder is listed with its indent moved slightly to the right, below the primary folder.

This would make the organizing of playlists a lot easier on the Mobile devices and the Desktop version too. If you have a lot of playlists, organizing them on your computer can be an excruciating process. 

randomuser3

Well that seems like a no brainers, but I guess spotify is to dumb to listen to its subscribers. This has been wanted since 2012 !!!

Kalmora

In a time, when PC and laptops are less and less important, Spotify don't seems to care to improve th Smartphone and Tablet App. I hope, that will not cause their complete failure.

ig05-_8neox00

I cannot believe this feature hasn't been implimented despite the demand and being requested 6 years ago. This is pretty poor from Spotify and disappointing. I am thinking of unsubscribing.