Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add comments to podcasts!

I’ve been listening to Podcasts for a year or two now and one of the biggest components of a great podcast is the comment section.

This is vital for a podcasts success because the comment section is where a podcasts community can connect with each other, which gives the podcast a little bit of flavor

If Spotify can add a comment section to its podcasts page, then it will most definitely kill YouTube podcasting and give you guys most of the market share 😉

and i know you guys love market share

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Xander07

I do not use itunes for podcast for multiple reasons. I listen to my fvaorite podcast vie websites or through spotify. I still primarily use website to listen because of the baiklity to comment and communicate with the podcasters. Maybe commenting is something to look into. I know I defintiely would tak advanatge of that. 

Allow Spotifier’s to punch in and out with comments on the Seekbar for Podcasts/music. People could post the section they’re commenting onto to begin a thread or post on social media. Also, you could allow users to create playlist with only sections by using the punch in and out function. 

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

maplespere

Hi... half the fun with Joe Rogan Experience is reading the comments and sharing with each other.  There is also the timeline guy that gives detail of conversation to each of Joe's experiences.  Maybe you'd have to monitor it, and that's why you don't want to do it.   aaaah  oh well  lemme know if you change your minds but my experience with Joe has been diminished.  You have a new subscriber though  : D 

maximo101

Yer there is a few things Spotify need to do to make bank on their the investment or people will pirate it.

So many JRE fans will be loosing the ability to enjoy the JRE the way they are used to when it's exclusive to Spotify. Currently you can not:
1. get Video on a smart tv app, 
2. cast video from mobile to smart tv app, 3. stream Audio only (disable video) from mobile app (to use less data/reduce battery drain) for those who only listen to the JRE.
4. Make/ read comments...

Rexic

It's very different. Joe doesn't read comments, some do, but the community stills feel presence since you know your curiosity is not alone, topics bind it together, different but with or without comments doesn't matter its leave suckify or rebrand. I don't see them on the TV but if SpitInYourFace Experience is to much for the weak snowflakes to do a job so bad they fail the Turing test 99% of the times I think comments might help melt meaningless Marxists frozen tears.

The handler is no longer the world's most disliked NPC. Gratz Spotinface for the failure. 

Rexic

Repeat, it's not JRE anymore. It's Spotify **bleep**. 

cgroom88

Comments are 50% of the reason I go back to YouTube. I get a notification that someone tagged me in response and I'll go back to the video and go back to YouTube just to respond (and then look at other content). 

You might as well waste your money on Rogan if you don't make it like YouTube. 

cgroom88

Also, why wouldn't you have all podcasts on your medium? I just searched for my local city radio podcasts...? Nothing. The Church of Lazlo, 810am sports, etc. I like having 1 app for podcasts. And YouTube Music does NOT have podcasts at all. It would be your 1+up. I hate YouTube but I have no other choice for commenting. I use YouTube for video/comments and Podcast Addict app for listen-only podcasts. Having both on 1 app will kill YouTube. 

cgroom88

Last suggestion. Don't overly police comments. Make users sign a waiver and if a comment gets reported for CRIMINAL abuse review it and take down (if actually incites violence or is criminal, but if reported for hatefulness/distaste: 30-40% of viewers, take it down. Otherwise, leave that ShT up. Don't be ruled by the minority.