Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Friend Feed] Friends Activity on Mobile

Can Spotify impliment a way (like on Mac/PC) to see what everyone else is listening too, for iPhone/Galaxy? I'm interested in seeing other people's taste and more than likely, loving the song a lot. Also, in the process, seeing if that user is online listening, or how long ago they were listening. I would REALLY like to see that on a, hopefully, close by App Update.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
incrypto

I’ve never liked the name Spotify, since it has nothing to do with music. I always liked Rhapsody as a name when they were named that. But the fact is that the Spotify name leads you to think that it’s about spotting others online and being able to share and see what they’re listening to. So to me, Spotify is forgetting it’s own namesake by not providing this feature on mobile. 

But with all the acquisitions they’ve been making its no wonder their developers are tied up. Too bad they’re not paying attention to what their users want.

Steve

Roey_Dvir

Spotify, if you make it happen, I bet more people will listen to music on your app!

Win win.

Ecnu

Spotify is worth $25 billion as a company. Hire some **bleep** developers and get this done. It’s disgraceful seeing friend activity isn’t an option already on mobile. It’s available on the desktop app and frankly, I don’t pay my Spotify subscription for an inferior and inconsistent user experience across the available Spotify front-ends. Please add it. Thank you. 

keeleyrankin

Spotify, PLEASE implement this...as a premium customer I know so many fellow users who think this would make the app so so so much better. Please add a friend activity section in the iOS/Android app!! 

selanus

Hi, what is the last situation about this subject? I wish it would be possible to have mobile friends activity. Tnx for your improvements.

chaarmaine8

It’s already 2019 and this is still not happening? I can’t believe you Spotify! Get your games on already!!! 😠

chaarmaine8

I’m so salty but at the same time I just wanna express the same concept coming from all the others roaming on this thread- We love music and our friends so much we just wanna see how is everyone doing, what they are listening to, what they are going through right now and most importantly are they listening the**bleep** as we do lol. And I think this should never be limited to just Mac/Windows/Linux. From 2015 to 2019 we have so many people looking for this feature and there should be at least something to be done when your team has been growing so so well. Please, do us this one favour so that we could always check on the others no matter on our phones or tablets, it would make things so much better I swear! Thank you 

Shredtastic

Not right now, so almost five years laters will for sure do! Make it more social, that's what's it all about right? Also stimulating to stream more out of curiosity what you're friends are or have been listening to..

dreαmlαnd

This would be extremely useful for people who use Spotify on their phones which is pretty much everyone. Nobody carries their laptops around or computers. Even if the feature became available on iPads that would be just as good. SO many people use this app to stream music and see what their family and friends are listening to. Should definitely have the friends activity on phones or at least iPads!!! 

DarkStern

I have been waiting for this feature to come for a long time. I still don't understand why no such thing is planned. As users who are actively using Spotify, we would like to see this feature on the mobile platform (iOS & Android), because it is very useful. Please add this feature also on the mobile platform...