Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

On the Desktop client it is possible to view your listening history (Play Queue > History), this functionality should be added to the mobile applications too.

It could be added very nicely into the new "Me" tab on iOS:

IMG_0212.PNG

Updated on 2021-04-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for your support and patience while we're looking into this 🙂

Happy to confirm you should now have the option to access your listening history on mobile too.

Take a look here if you'd like to know more.

Cheers!

Comments
FrenchLobster

Any update? This request is 6 years old, and still no access to playback history, at least on iOS... I'm curious about what could possible be holding this up, since the feature has been available on desktop and web players for years... 

gapspot

I've been a Spotify customer for several years now and have tried to reach out to Spotify several times and never got any kind of acknowledgement or feedback. I'm evaluating other music streaming service providers, now. And once I switched I won't look back. Customer retention is a virtue, guys. Feels like talking to a wall. All these guys here write respectfully to the product managers and developers of an app they are using every day, and they pay for. They deserve better than being utterly ignored for years and years.

von_saiko

Wait SERIOUSLY, no history on mobile?? What, why?

I just came to trial Spotify (using Deezer), but it looks like i won't be staying here ...

von_saiko

Hilarious, there's a workaround.. It's possible to access the recently played items when adding songs to a playlist: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/History-Recently-Played-on-Mobile-Device/td-p/4660284

Spotify, just make it a standard feature like it's on desktop. No need to get philosophical and evaluate the status of this request since it's all there already!

pentacost

von_saiko - you, sir, are a genius!

jse007

Spotify - last update 2018-09-06 ...? 

As premium member I can expect more engagement into 6 years old feature requests. I might need to re-think my decision to use (and pay for) spotify. 

Vangoghtaco

Yes!! I’ve been dying for this feature for YEARS! So many times I want to be able to go look at something I just listened to but lost it forever once it’s passed and I can’t go back to it for some reason. 

Phinex

So, why is there no listening history on the mobile Spotify app? I seem to remember that it was possible at some point. I find it super inconvenient (and inconsistent when switching between desktop and mobile apps). 

Captn_

I just had this idea today. I want to be able to see my previous queue. I don't know that I'd use it for a playlist as I'm really particular about my playlist; that's just me. I do want to see the last songs I was playing. maybe the last ten? once a song is over in the queue, I can't return to here it again or catch the artist or whatever it may be. I would do this on moblie and desktop. Do this Spotify, please?! 

ProxxiM

Haha, what a joke.. Unimportant things like a new section on the 'home' page with music for the time of the day are being added, but the ability to look to your recent history of numbers is still not relevant enough?

Spotify, looking back in your history a way of discovering music as well! When driving on your bike or in the car, it's not allowed to look on your phone. So being able to check your history when at home, would be great..