Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Listening History On Mobile

On the Desktop client it is possible to view your listening history (Play Queue > History), this functionality should be added to the mobile applications too.

It could be added very nicely into the new "Me" tab on iOS:

IMG_0212.PNG

Updated on 2021-04-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for your support and patience while we're looking into this 🙂

Happy to confirm you should now have the option to access your listening history on mobile too.

Take a look here if you'd like to know more.

Cheers!

Comments
mcgreave

How is this not a thing?

eschurr

i agree this is needed!  There are many times i listen to a Spotify list and i hear a song that i want to add to one of my lists, but by the time i check my phone the song is over and i don't know what it was!  We should all be able to see the last 20 or 30 songs that were just played. In fact, i went to the community specifically to add this idea and i'm glad it's already here!

hexsprite

7 years on and there's no still track history? C'mon guys. I listened to a great song this morning that I want to share with my friend on Whatsapp and I can't find it now!

jamesjdecoulos

Please make it easy to search the history of songs played on Android.  Why is it so difficult to listen to customers?

ImAwesomeAli
Just an FYI - there indeed IS a way to view your local listening history on
the mobile app but it is not clear or obvious and I still think this
feature needs to be better implemented.

Here is how:
1. Open the menu to create a new playlist or choose a playlist you would
like add a recently played song to. I have personally created a playlist I
call "Listening History" for convenience but you can use whatever playlist
you like.

2. Enter the menu to add songs to that playlist and scroll over to the
right about 3 or 4 times until you see a list titled "Recently Played".
This is where your listening history is stored on the mobile app. I don't
understand why it is hidden away like this but it works and seems to store
around 100 songs or so (I didn't count but it's a decent amount).
Melody
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2020-05-05

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange, and for bringing us your continual feedback.

We also think this is a great idea, and we're looking into it further.

We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and we'll post here if we have an update.

Thanks!

josericardotorr

This is a MUST. As a Premium account costumer I cannot stress enough on this. Very disappointed to see you have taken so long to implement this. It shows a lack of real understanding of our listening habits and overall listening experience. Youtube has it since I can’t recall when! So basic yet so important, specially for a dedicated premium service like this one. 👎🏼

Svensk

This should be standard 🙂
(Please for iOS & Android) - and better the history should be sync with all Devices (optional as an Option) ... at the moment when i play songs on my iPhone i can not see them in the "Desktop" history ... that ist sad 😞

makenna-

GUYS I THINK THEYRE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING THIS! last month I must have been put in a beta test group because there was a History button (next to Recently Played). clicking on it, I could view EVERY single song I’d listened to in the past ~90 days. now, I don’t know when something like this will become a permanent feature, but I wanted to bring some additional hope to this thread! 🙂

eschurr

Thank you! fingers crossed!