Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Music] Bring Back Albums' Length

Spotify removes albums' length in the last update. Vote to bring it back!

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can find the album length by heading to the Album page and swiping the album cover to reveal the name of the artist and the album length. On Desktop, the run time will appear at the top of the album page. 

We hope this clears things up!

Thanks,

Comments
thatsalford

If I want to download an album with which I am unfamiliar, I will check to see how long it is. Some are very long and may require me to edit tracks to fit on my limited capacity iPhone.  So, Spotify, no album length is a problem. Secondly, and this is being discussed elsewhere in this forum, once downloaded, if played on WiFi, the entire album is played even though I may have deleted some tracks. This needs returning to the previous state too. I can’t undertsand what’s going on with the UX team in recent weeks. Are they paid for every change, no matter how poorly thought out, or do they just not care enough about what they do to warrant testing their ideas? If they ever get rid of the user-adjustable EQ, a significant benefit over all the other services, I’m off. Now stop arsin* about and go and fix what many of your paying customers are so annoyed about.

Soundofus

Very good thing.. You got my vote

salad_fingers

Hi,

Like other I really don't understand why this would have been reomved. Can you please reinstate this information, even if in a different place from before?

Thanks.

lilitu93

Please bring album length/duration back. I don't usually care how many tracks an album is but how long it is. If I'm listening to an album, I want to know if I have time to listen to the whole thing in one go. There was no reason to remove this information, especially as you can't even estimate the time from track lengths as they are hidden too. 

veturkemur

Don’t understand why this information was removed. Absolutely no logic behind this decision. Though we shouldn’t be surprised by that these days...

Brad-1770

Premium Spotify user who logs hours of albums on a daily basis and removal of album length is really annoying and here is why 

(1) I spend roughly 3 hours daily in my car on my commute and I often plan my album listening around this commute , some days I can squeeze in 2-3 full albums or 1 really long Expanded Album . I prefer to listen to my albums in the one day rather than coming back to it later for completion 

(2) Album lengths can indicate what edition your listening to , is it the “Vanilla “ version at 40 minutes? Or the expanded edition at 60 minutes + ? 

(3) Are you prepared to listen to it ? For example the John Lennon “ Imagine “ Super Delux clocks in at an eye watering 6 hours + , now I love Lennon and the Beatles but I just wasn’t prepared to commit 6 hours of my life for a single album 

(4) Album length helps me evaluate if the album is ultimately any good, for example if an album meanders on for too long it’s a negative IMO . I like to know how long this meandering is 

(5) Compare  artist albums from one to the next , shorter ? Longer? 

(6) Quick and easy rather than googling it 

Please Please Please bring back Album length 

Please Please Please let me get what I want ( go knows it would be the first time)

Jetjobobrodel

First album release dates got removed, now album length? Makes absolutely no sense

willfarina

This is essential information! I always like to know if an album will fit with a certain block of time. Now I have no way of seeing the total runtime of records, eps, anything. Not sure who thought this was a disposable feature or a good idea to remove it in updates. Please restore!

Luke
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-03-29

Marked as a new idea 🙂

epe_85

Very hard to understand why this was removed in the first place. Very important to know the album length to make sure you have the time to listen to it in full.