[Mobile][Music] Option to disable full screen mode

Certain songs and playlists put Spotify into full screen mode. This hides the title, and utilities bar (time, battery etc.).

most importantly it gets rid of the queue option. This should be optional like most other special features in the app. If not, allow us to view the queue while in full screen. This is a feature I frequently use and I like to see what songs are coming up next to keep the good music flowing!

I’ve noticed this greatly increases battery usage while in the app too. As well it uses more data as some songs register as a video.

5A10640A-D320-4C92-8BEE-98010603CCC5.png
B78007BD-56F7-472F-B304-A0DFC83660B8.png

Updated on 2018-11-20

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
DeadlySound
Casual Listener

I don't like the full screen album artwork either. On Android, it shows up on the lock screen as well  when listening to Spotify.

Hope this idea doesn't get sidelined and marked inactive by an automated bot. There should be an option to disable this. Spotify is being a bit slow on implementing community idea.

Jiaccino13
Casual Listener

@DeadlySound wrote:

I don't like the full screen album artwork either. On Android, it shows up on the lock screen as well  when listening to Spotify.

Hope this idea doesn't get sidelined and marked inactive by an automated bot. There should be an option to disable this. Spotify is being a bit slow on implementing community idea.

I agree. It’s been an issue for a while now. I just decided to post about it recently. It’s really annoying when the whole playlist is like this, and it on a “discover” or “recommend” playlist so you don’t know any of the music that’s coming up. 

starkebn
Casual Listener

I agree, these behaviours should be optional

DeadlySound
Casual Listener

I think google play music makes full screen album art an option. Spotify should follow suit, especially when it obscures one of their own features.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-20

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Cal18

@Jiaccino13 I also hate this feature. I love to look at the album artwork in its fullness instead of just a close up blurry view of it. Not to mention it makes it look a lot like SoundCloud...

FYI: You can still queue things and view the queue in this view it's just harder.

IMG_4756.pngIMG_4757.png

Eds89
Music Fan

For the love of my sanity, please either get rid of this or let me turn it off!

My phone started showing me animated album art and in full screen mode, meaning my controls keep disappearing.

Reeeealy frustrating, and I don't want this "feature"!