[Mobile][Music] Option to turn off artist video when playing a track

I noticed recently that for some songs by certain artists, if I play their song I see video footage of the artist instead of album artwork. It appears to only be for some artists (for example, when playing "Sorry Not Sorry" by Demi Lovato, there is video of Demi that starts playing, and it says "uploaded by Demi Lovato".) I spoke to support about this, and they told me there is currently no way to turn this off. I would really appreciate an option to turn this autoplay video off. 

Updated on 2018-04-08

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-08

Marked as new idea.

Mstanzel

Completely agree. It's a distraction when driving and not a feature that I would ever have turned on. I pay for my subscription for music, not videos, not interviews, and not ads.

crstern

I would also like to see more user options for disabling features like this. I am worried that these videos/ animations will sap my phone battery and data. As a long-time paying Premium member it is frustrating to not have more flexibility and preferences in how I interact with Spotify.

Saintxsean

Thank you for posting this. That video thing is so annoying. You got my vote

Coolixer

Yeah it happened to me but all of the sudden the videos stopped appearing

matttheazn
Music Fan

Help me turn**bleep** off

silv_r

I'm in the same boat as others. I get that it's a new and cool feature, but PLEASE, allow users to turn it off.
It even shows in my downloaded songs for offline usage, which either means one of two possibilities:
1) it downloads the videos anyway and wastes your data

2) it downloads while you're on wifi and wastes your storage
But most importantly, I can't see the queue so I don't know next songs and I can't switch play order.

tisteegz

First thing I did when I realised Spotify was playing a video on my mobile data was try to find a way to turn it off. At least give us a way to turn it off if you are going to add videos. I just want to listen to my music.

yell0wdrops

This feature stops me from listening to those albums that have it. Seriously, it's annoying and wastes data and storage. Besides, who even looks at their screen while listening to music? Everyone just closes their phone or is working in another window. Luckily my music taste is usually too obscure for this nonsense. 

lucyadeleine

This is EXTREMELY distracting while driving! Please please please give me an option to turn it off before I have to delete all these songs from my playlists.