[Mobile][Music] Option to turn off artist video when playing a track

I noticed recently that for some songs by certain artists, if I play their song I see video footage of the artist instead of album artwork. It appears to only be for some artists (for example, when playing "Sorry Not Sorry" by Demi Lovato, there is video of Demi that starts playing, and it says "uploaded by Demi Lovato".) I spoke to support about this, and they told me there is currently no way to turn this off. I would really appreciate an option to turn this autoplay video off. 

Updated on 2018-04-08

Marked as new idea.

Comments
nhojnanyt

Yes please. Save my data!

VenterraZero

I agree with the others. It is annoying as **bleep** when you drive and suddenly the phone starts flashing with some useless gif like animations in the dash mount. It is especially annoying because the screenrotation changes the direction from wide to high format and the controlls disapear.

So pleas let us disable this animations.

kellido

Please let us turn off these videos!  They are very distracting, especially if you are driving.

sam_kohl

for real this is such a waste of data and processing power for a phone, just have an option to turn it on and off.

testusername321
Casual Listener

This should have been released together with the feature. I'm paying premium for an ad-less experience but I still get ads flashing in my face. Spotify you have to treat your clients better than that :) or someone else will.

foo
Casual Listener

Give us an option to disable this or I will end my (almost) 10-year subscription.

EDIT: Good news! The latest version has a setting for this! It's called "Canvas".

Feddar
Gig Goer

Ahhhhhh.  Finally I can look at the album art instead of self centered repetitive distracting nonsense.

Thanks Spotify.  

crstern

Really glad to see the Canvas option in Spotify now. It is great to see that issues like these do surface to the company.

Thanks Spotify.

Ful

Please do give the option to turn it off, it's incredibly annoying and i don't really understand who would watch these. Please don't turn it off only for drivers mode, please give a function to completely disable it.

kellido
Update your app. There is now an option in settings to turn off the videos