Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
suztzuanos

Agree 100%. Feels like we are dealing with a beta test rather than a fully realized product. It’s floundering. Spotify needs to pull it and fix it. 

KaiMüller

i would also like to see the option to choose a language for Podcasts.

Language, preferred Podcasts, Music Genre, Podcast Blacklist, like/dislike for songs

And some kind of slider for the AI how far she is allowed to divert from my preferences.

fresaj

I'm curious as well on how many votes it would take to get this bumped up. There are actually several different related items/requests on the Idea Exchange that might be solved by adding the ability to remove songs/podcasts. I stopped listening to mine when the Chicago Tribune was added. I'm not near Chicago and not interested in listening to that podcast. I'm assuming that the Chicago Tribune and other podcasts are paying to be included in the "recommendations" and that's why there isn't a way to remove them.

acgoodall

totally agree I stopped listening to daily drive when they made the news local for me it was the Dallas Morning News.

I liked it when it was the NPR national news, and now I listen to it every day directly instead.

But I'd prefer to select my news/podcast choices I want to be included in the daily drive.

FranckMartin

I also feel tracks are chosen amongst the “upbeat” tracks you listened to. It would be interesting to better taylor the style of the selection because sometimes I listen to it in the morning sometimes in the evening and this is not the same mood...

Meshu87

Love Daily Drive playlist, but I'm agreeing with the lack of being able to let the algorithm know that I never want to hear certain podcasts is frustrating. 

Donovancyn

Yes please!   Spotify has suddenly started adding various sports podcasts to my Daily Drive Playlist --- and since I'm actually driving when listening -- the only way to safety stop the sports blathering is to turn off the sound system!  If it is impossible to "dislike" a specific podcast -- it would be fantastic to opt out of podcasts by genre/type.

the_kimbos

The Wall Street Journal isn't one of my top podcasts but because it's in Daily Drive and I'm in the shower when it's on and can't skip it, your algorithm thinks I like it. 😂 Stop lyin' on me.

k35pt_a-cpq88

There should be some options to customize the Daily Drive playlist. I want to pick my music and my podcasts (and the order of these) as well as adjust the number of songs between the podcasts.

The music choice is annoying! I only keep getting "old" music I normally don't listen to a lot. Why does Spotify not pick my favorite bands, albums, songs? That's how it should be!

tohst

Really loved the daily drive but NPR has been removed for me in addition to any news early on besides what’s in the “Snacks Minute”. So i get about 3 min of something you could call market news-ish, then ~3 songs that are very familiar, and then 25 MINUTES!! of someone blathering on about sports which is absolutely mind numbing.  The section of the venn diagram of people who listen to the daily drive and care THAT much about sports can’t be big enough to justify subjecting the general public to such excruciating detail on something like draft predictions.  Being able to customize the start with news relevant to my tastes and removing sports related stuff would be greatly appreciated.