Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
larissakitty

Please,  make this a feature. I have been stuck with 'The Lead' podcast in my daily drive for two months. I hate sports. I mean, really hate sports. I have no idea how this got in my daily drive and it really shouldn't still be there. 

Even though I fast forward over this daily, Spotify continues to put this in my daily drive. I have reported this as a bug, have been told an engineer will work on removing it and it still shows up.  Allowing us to remove items is crucial.  This honestly shouldn't be a vote item.  Daily Drive shouldn't have shipped without this feature. 

Kantsmasher

Some way of removing Rupert Murdoch’s right-wing fascist propaganda from the news sections of Daily Drive would be great too. Your algorithm is great at detecting what songs I like, so it’s jarring that at the end of a great tune, a racist screed kicks off. Are you trying to tell me I’m a racist? Or a boomer? What seems more likely, is that Spotify has entered into a commercial agreement with NewsLtd to spray vicious hatred and uniformed “journalism” like a stream of raw, uninvited liquid sewage directly into my ears.

Get rid of it.

Emrys78

If I follow a podcast that updates regularly (i.e. daily, weekly, or monthly) I would think that this podcast would show in my "daily drive" or "daily podcasts" playlists.  

philipd2020

For the love of God, please add a do not play again button on generates playlists! How many times do I have to skip The Lead on the podcast section?! And how many times are you going to shove bands down my throat when I skip every single song by that artist? The Daily Drive was really great at first, but ABC news just isn’t entertaining, and coupling this with the fact I still can’t get a list of all my artists in my library, I’m really considering leaving for Apple Music after six years of premium. And as I write this, I get another artist I don’t ever let a whole song play by....

Jamcuso

Please please please. This podcast of people complaining about stuff for ten minutes is driving me crazy. The few podcast slots I get to during my drive and one is terrible. 

LuanaAyami

Adding to this idea: I live in berlin but don't speak german... being able to change the city that you want to hear from and also be able to change language to English would be awesome. Just being able to change to other city would work, I sometimes want to hear about my hometown instead.

Alpus96

I'm not a big fan of Podcasts to begin with, although the news and Podcasts I do follow is an excellent addition to a daily drive/commute playlist. Having it insist to include a random podcast that I do not want to listen to, for several reasons, completely destroys the experience. I find myself being unable to enjoy the rest of the playlist at all and avoid it completely, which is a great shame. 

AnotherZak

This has 700+ votes. When will you look at it and let us know if this feature stays in our listing rotation or stops being used? (Because if I can't get Snacks Minute off of there I am done using it altogether.)

xariongray

I would like to be able to remove podcasts from the Daily Drive. I like the news bits thrown in with the music, but if I wanted to listen to a 10 minute or longer podcast, I'd go to podcasts.

Schweiber29

I agree. I play calming music at night to help me fall asleep, and it ends up in the daily drive. There needs to be an option to edit, remove, etc. from the playlist.