Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
RubberHead

I like the song lists I get in my Daily Drive, but every time I click on it I need to listen to NPR. I have tried to remove them but I don't see a way to block them. Any ideas?

gumbydude

Spotify, please make this happen. If I have to hear Michael Barbaro's arrogant, stacatto, brain damaged voice one more time I'm gonna lose it. 

Ella1966

I like Daily Drive very much, but I have some parts of recent audiobooks in it. That is very wired and makes no sence at all. Also I would like to take songs out of the list, too.

Gunner1980

I don’t pay for family premium membership to be forced to listen to commie NPR news segments...please give us an option to turn this off. I’ll listen to a podcast if I want to hear news.

WavyJones

Spotify,

This thread has 7 pages each has a 10 requests for this feature to be adopted. I do not feel the need to reiterate all of the above mentioned requests, I think that there is plenty of information for your team to take into consideration.

This is a very valid ask and an easy implementation. I was surprised to find that it has been over a year since a Spotify Moderator commented on this thread and acknowledged the validity of this idea. The more frustrating aspect of this situation is that Spotify is not enabling us to establish our own preferences regarding the "curated" podcasts and news sources featured on "The Daily Drive." I will refrain from addressing the topic of Spotify basing your selection of podcasts and news programs on which will pay the highest amount rather than what is in the best interest of the user's experience. 

What I will address is how disappointing it is to see Spotify selling ads disguised as curated playlists to premium members. The primary way that your business drives users from the free service to the paid one is to escape the deluge of repetitive ads that constantly interrupt your music. Premium members are advertised and guaranteed an ad free and customizable listening experience.

The Daily drive is simply a blend of your daily mixes and the news sources and podcasts that bid Spotify for airtime. If this isn't the case then what is the reality? Spotify is now selecting what news they want us to listen to? Is that the correct role for Spotify to play as a provider of a paid music streaming service?

DerMartin

This is really going on my nerves. I sometimes hear kids music with my kids, but I don't want those songs in my daily drive. Generally, the daily drive is often the only List I listen to, so the songs on the list, are the songs I listen to the most and so they are always more or less the same.

Sarahd427

Hi!

I'm wondering if maybe this hasn't been done yet because the features are too vague and nebulous so I thought I'd share how I would implement it:

1. My first highest request would be ability to do a one for one swap

*swap this song for that one *

*swap this podcast for that one*

That allows me to mostly use the daily drive as is and just perform a 1 for 1 swap.

That feels like a feature that can be used in any mix generated by spotify and is generic. 

Even if the podcast generation stayed exactly the same and all the algorithms stayed exactly the same, the ability to 1:1 swap would be great. 

--‐--------

The next more complicated request would be:

2. Curate like this/ do not curate like this for daily drive [or for my mixes in general], applicable to podcasts

As I do not know a whole lot about the inner workings of spotify, this one would be harder for me to give guidance on. I as a user don't know a whole lot for example if me "hearting" something makes it appear on a list more, but i have never hearted anything intentionally and my curated lists are quite good so I assume -no.- 

Something that more obviously links to the daily mix and podcast curation would be cool. 

Disclaimer: I am a premium user and only know the ad free experience. So its possible the swap would only be available for premium users. 

rhetoriccharm

Please Spotify, at the very minimum, give us an option to remove podcasts from the stream.

I do not even slightly care about headlines from sports or reality TV. I totally ignore Daily Drive because of this — a feature which I otherwise would find very useful and enjoyable. 

It's been a year now — how many upvotes/comments does it need?

JockeRapp

Any updates here, Spotify?

I love this playlist, or at least I used to. Now it seems every other podcast is some sort of true crime pod or weird story, when I just want regular news. 
Please allow me to not have to listen to brutal murders in detail as part of my morning routine...

stefunct

Is this being worked on? I want to use Daily Drive but every day I'm forced to skip the sports podcasts that I have zero interest in. Is the lack of movement on this request because companies pay to be part of Daily Drive? The podcast recommendations are certainly not based on my past listening behaviour.