Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Tg34

I would like the ability to choose the source of news in daily drive. National “Public” Radio is mostly funded by private endowments, making it inherently biased whether you are left, right, or center. 

standj01

Yes!  It would be great if it would mix in podcasts that you are following.  I love the Daily Drive, but wish it was music and the podcasts that I follow or are similar.  I also don't have a daily commute anymore and would be great to just have as a daily mix.  

confused_kev

2 year old complaint and they said it's a "good idea" but still have not addressed it? Are they actually listening to the community? 

Any idea when this is going to be looked at.  Please can we edit the Daily drive.  

I pay a premium so can why do I have to put up with adverts that masquerade as podcasts?  

Update or I'm off to Apple.

Mamoru91

yes please! 
I’m living in a foreign country, and I’d like to get some podcast in my native language as well!

capejo96

Support Support Support - help us reclaim our ability to customize and control our algorithms! You used to have similar features, this is not a hardware or software issue this is an ethics issue.

Been discussing and misdirected and dismissed by Spotify Support in all attempts to reach out personally (for the last 9 months). 

Lupiressmoon

I agree completely. Would love to be able to customize daily news that changes out, with some selected songs. Unfortunately the default Spotify chooses doesn't appeal to me.

userxalp

Using Daily Drive with Apple Car Play: The problem with Daily Drive using it in a car is that with Podcasts I can't just click the forward button on the steering wheel to skip it (that's just like forwarding it a bit). I need to change from Google Maps App to the Spotify App on the cars display to skip the podcast.

v1ktorr

2 years and 21 pages of comments and I still can’t delete these terrible podcasts from my daily drive. I pay £9.99 so I don’t have ads yet I’m forced to listen to podcasts with ads in them. I’d like to have to option not to have my music interrupted by celebrity hot topics and I can’t just hit skip as that only skips 15 seconds forward. I have to either go to the app or drag the progress bar to the end. Do we need to get a celebrity to tweet about this before it gets changed?

frankieingrassia

I have one episode of some weird crime show I don't listen to stuck in my daily drive, every day it's there, and everything else is changed but "Today in true crime Aug 31, 2006", so we should be able to delete the stuff we don't want on that mix, please give us a way to get rid of stuck songs or episodes! 

PS if you can get rid of that episode, for real please... make it go away