Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
brandon__bauer

I completely agree. There are some songs that appear for example that I am not a big fan of and do not want to see in my playlist, but there is no option to help the AI avoid the song.

Magaman

Will agree on this, amazing consept I like it, but, the news content isn'e being provided from sources I'd like. WOuld be great to have the ability to tune what sources are being used for the news/podcast content. Music is spot on, probably due to all the data they have on my habbits already.

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!

the_kimbos

How many votes are required for this to be considered as a great idea for implementation? Because if I have to listen to another Lizzo song or this terrible sports podcast for one more day, I'll likely give up listening altogether. Kinda seems like a no-brainer to add features that are proven effective and beloved by users in other playlists.

Update: four months later and I've completely given up using Daily Drive. Some of the podcasts changed, but the music stayed mostly the same. The Spotify Algorithm might drop in one "new" song per day. It was like being driven mad by a dropping faucet. Too bad. Good idea ruined by poor implementation and slow response to feedback. The upvoting system is outdated.

kitkat_

**bleep** yes please. They just started adding in a sports podcast to the daily drive and I cannot emphasize enough how much I do not care about sports. I wish there was an option to request it be removed from the mix. 

I like that there are a lot of different kinds of podcasts in there, but I really don't **bleep** about sports.

the_kimbos

How many votes does it take to get real consideration? Because I'm going to stop listening to my Daily Drive playlist until it's customizable. Even the 'heart'/'don't' play option would be enough. STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME LIKE ESPN AND LIZZO.

Gtrunner

Please do this as soon as possible I had to listen to a podcast where a woman was describing in great detail how a little girl was brutally murdered as I was trying to park. 

thelitrovert

I actually like my Daily Drive news podcasts (so far) and I like the music but not for this kind of listening experience mainly because I have major music mood swings and exploratory tastes.

I don't expect Spotify to necessarily keep up with my craziness although it's been awesome so far...so let me be random and take my news with my wild music ride. 

I don't want to change my music mood to hear the news.  I want the news to update with my music mood and curiosities.

What I would actually prefer is that I can toggle on newscasts that auto-update into playlists that I am currently listening to (like this listener stated), and not need to go to another playlist like Daily Drive unless I want to discover new music AND new podcasts/newscasts. That would be awesome.  That's actually what I thought it was before I clicked it. 

I have a few podcasts I would want added to the news stream too to customize my news stream. 

If a podcast has been played before, I'd want it to expire or play once until an update auto-refreshes into the stream. 

This all has inspired me to want to create my own public radio experience like KCRW and KPCC (edit: and KJAZZ) mixed together (Los Angeles market) and it trains me to be patient because I know news is coming after I finally heard music from artists I was curious about.  It's a weird reward loop in my mind but I'm down for being my own program director.

suztzuanos

It's very odd that I got a request to vote for this idea by customer service. It's necessary for the improvement of your product. Full stop. Why can't y'all just make it a priority. I'm on day 7 of the exact. same. podcast. in my Daily Drive. Another one has been lingering for 4 days. I'm just going to not listen to DD anymore. 

Scowlingfrog

Hey moderator, this isn't just a mobile issue. I work from home and love to listen to the Daily Drive from my workstation. I hate when it mixes in sports podcasts tho. Usually it does a great job picking things I like, but we really need a way to "downvote" things to help it out.