Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
pinksnuggie

Any more update on this? I used to listen to this every day at work; my coworkers liked it too. But then I noticed it was the exact same songs over and over so I stopped. Also around that time I noticed that the Robinhood Snacks Minute was taken off the list--I thought it was temporary since one of the guys said they would be off for a bit due to a new baby--but now it's just, gone from the playlist. I found new episodes on podcasts so I know it is back. It's almost like they "punished" them for taking time off for their new addition. I tried listening to Daily Drive today after a few weeks but it still has the exact. same. songs I listened to last time, despite being active on my account and adding to my "liked" songs. I suppose this is the epitome of "first world problems," but like others said, this is such a good concept and could be even better with a couple of minor tweaks. This thread has been up two years now. Any progress? Thanks!

VenterraZero

@pinksnuggie

Sadly no.

Seems like they are to busy to rework the Library UI in the App, to the worse and keep working on their SAI-System to screw around with premium users by annoying them with commercials in spotify studio podcasts. (Wich they include mainly in the daily drive playlist of course).

It looks like progress in usability isn't their priority at the moment. Or better since this got mentioned first till now. That is only nearly 2 years...

Sorry for sounding so sarcastic. This situation with the SAI Commercials  and that I get one episode about financial investments for retirement on a weekly basis is quite frustrating.

So long nagging short.

No, there are no updates on this topic and no hidden corrections on their algorythm either, so far I can tell at least.

Stay safe and healthy

testyeezy

I would love for this to move to in DEV, for some strange reason you really think i like the greatest showman, 4 songs on my daily drive? wth!

spampoets

It would be great, if you could roll this feature out ... it's been a while. And it is really annoying that you have no chance to get rid of certain podcasts - for instance, a sports podcast started showing up on my Daily Drive. I really don't need that... also, you have to listen thru and can only skip in 15 second-steps. 

So pleeeeeeassssse. 🙂

sdfelix99

Anyway to remove long podcasts?  I mean that Morning Snack podcast is 17 minutes long.  Just about 16 minutes too long!  Also, I would like just a quick sports minute.  Seems all the podcasts I get are over 10 minutes.  How long are you folks driving to work anyway?

DrRadon

Please Please Please make this happen. 

Especially the German in house productions by Spotify are so bad. It's just oozing with on the nose cooperate political correctness and took the daily drive playlist down a few notches when it started replacing the public radio news/culture/science podcasts that used to be a nice breath of news in-between the music.

(To be very clear: The on the nose part in it's heavy daily repetition is what makes it block worthy, not the topics of political correctness altogether.) 

The old selection was SO much better. 

DrRadon

Oh yeah. Also the fact that the in house Spotify podcasts come with Adds is adding to the annoyance for me as a premium user. 

Thomas__E

I generally like the Daily drive playlist but there is one particular Podcast hardcoded that I can't stand - low quality gossip apparently targeting teens (which I'm not). That **bleep** podcast is the reason I'm constantly considering to stop listening to that playlist. 

Actually there are two questionable decisions involved:

- why the **bleep** content pushed on every user at all

- why is the option to vote down / remove certain content missing on a personalized playlist feature

izz24703

Hey Dev Team,

You put this in your backlog 7 months ago -- either you need a new project management team or you need new developers. What gives?!

Haxxxor

I can only pitch in that i REALLY REALLY dont give a **bleep** about sports podcasts, there are also some news stations pods i really dont wanna hear because of the fact that they are extremely biased and i dont want to give them "listens" so that they think they are being validated (P3 i am looking at you)

I would also want to be able to mark other pods for being specificly rolled into the mix of my DD.

Please spotify do this and DD will be close to perfect.