Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Mehakkumar19

This is a bit ridiculous, given we pay for this service. How many votes do you need? Perhaps all the people who have voted can cancel their subscription and move to iTunes. Their content is equally good. 

ttddcc09

please fix this asap. 

simsonfahrer

Someone at Spotify has introduced this "feature", so may we see the according feature request? It shouldn't be an issue making it at least optional, even without pretending to require for thousands of votes. I don't hear any podcast, so why should I be bothered with this as topmost section please? It's ridiculous adding unwanted features and making them mandatory.

Better spend your time offering Hifi Option, otherwise you may loose leadership in the market... would be a pity, with all the good stuff in place. Be sure to take the right decisions, guys!

supremvanam

A0BDCA11-308C-43B3-A1FB-FF99DD922813.jpeg

 I accidentally tapped on that podcast bro and now it's in my top podcasts. Like what's going on!! IT'S ON MY HOME SCREEN. Do something about it, for your business sake.

xXLunatheWolfXx

It's been almost 6 months since this was posted and You still havent done anything about this. Smh.

mayankkhajnchi

Almost 10 months already since this issue was raised.

simsonfahrer

This is no solution!
We (users!) are defining this an error in the application, which it is. There is no good reason seeing high priority podcast section for all the guys not hearing any podcast, so you can't just rename it "no error, but a good idea maybe". Guys! Are you serious?
YOU introduced that feature, so please make it at least optional. OR is there some marketing thing behind you don't want to be honest about?

C'mon guys, no need to wait for certain number of votes. You know how difficult this is for the "normal" users and how lazy we all are, even when being bothered by this stuff. So, multiply the number of votes by 100, would probably let you know the number of users being upset.

By the way, being transparent would mean, you would publish the number of votes you require to take action?

p0k3m0n

Nothing change. Now podcast are on higher position than anything. Looks, like Spotify has real $ from promotion of this sh*t for brain-less customers.

Maybe it is time to think about migration to other service?

cadaceus200

This goes back to letting Prwmium users define what they see on their home page. You should know that a lot of graphics and programming are violently offensive to people and we don't need a large percentage of promptional stuff pushed on Premium users' personal pages. Why not make your payola pushes for free users and make the lack of it a selling point for Premium. 

Musicgirl3

I want the option of being able personalize content for a specific user. My young teen doesn’t need to have access to inappropriate podcasts, lyrics, behind the music, etc. There’s no way to adjust the settings as her parent.