Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Habib9124

This @Guido guy is a total **bleep**, advising everyone to create a new account just to get rid of the "Top podcasts" recommendations on the home page. This is by far one of the stupidest things I´ve ever heard; the home page should be modifiable according to what the USER wants, not what SPOTIFY´s staff wants. What a fcking joke

simsonfahrer

Dear Spotify,
there is no other company I experienced similar behaviour:

You are just ignoring a problem reported by a paying user by answering to look into this (!) only when enough other users votes for the same issue? Are you serious? This is not worth being called "support" at all...

May we see the votes for having the "feature" introduced, or those from users liking this "feature"? I have not seen any vote pro, but actually a couple of votes against the "feature".
So, please please please, remove it !!!

toadwaker

Really need a way to edit this. I don't want to create a new account for something as silly as this.

bwnomadscivil

Hello, Can  Your Top Podcasts be made optional please? So we can turn it off, or that we can place it at the bottom of the sections list so we dont have to scroll past nonsense that we didnt choose to get our music. Half the so-called top casts i have not even accessed.

I think Podcastr stafrf are sadists. They enjoy reading paying customer comments they can fix easily, banking on the idea that we wont take our money elsewhere. I am looking into otrher options. 

Perhaps the staff is dead or it is run by a robot. It is incredible to read the amount of comment and nothing is done not even a response. SPOTIFY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPELESSLY INCOMPETENT SADISTIC AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Why am I paying for this "music" service when all I see on my home screen is podcasts. Of the first 6 rows, (excluding recently played), 4 rows are for podcasts. I don't listen to podcasts on spotify. I'm not going to start either. Just call the app Podify and be done with it.

cadaceus200

This is NOT a new idea!!!! Stop your bot from saying it is. Your little shenanigan of expiring comments is just an excuse for not dealing with your problems and clearing your Jira board. Tje bottom line is to allow paying customers to control the content of their home screen! My goodness if America Online could do it in the 90's surely you can do it today.

Pistuser

podcast suck .. 

You are making navigating the service I pay for, music,  no fun and cumbersome  to 

navigate . 

plz allow users to at least control the order of the option categories displayed so one is not inundated with options one doesn’t want.  

simsonfahrer

How much votes you require to get this actioned please? It's extremely unserious, promising to require certain amount of votes, but avoid to say what's the number...

Also, you should be honest enough to prove the number of votes to decivde to introduce this weird "feature"...
You can't? So, go ahead and remove it!

(Or was it a number of dollars to make in addition to the fees we are paying?)

You're not playing fair! We pay for not being bothered with useless advertisements.

I STILL DO NOT HEAR ANY PODCAST! So how can your f***ing algorithm decide to suggest such stuff to ME?!

Thanks for not just ignoring your paying customers!

toadwaker

According to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Idea-Exchange-How-does-my-feedback-reach-Spotify/ta... 

The idea will start getting looked at once it has at least 500 votes. This one is past 500 now so they should be responding sometime soon.

bwnomadscivil
Great to know
It's about time they would loose 500 client s otherwise