Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
epi-usa

Just charge us more for a UI that works. Its ALL about $ so charge what you must, JUST FIT IT,

tapekiller

Charging more to remove elements that shouldn't be there in the first place sounds like a terrible idea, especially when we already pay to get rid of advertising. I never touched podcasts, so them being above stuff I actually need and use makes no sense. It's funny that podcast recommendations are above music ones, and every other music related element (like playlist/artist/radio suggestions) when, again, I've never touched podcasts.

AndyH3

Will cancel my subscription if this isn’t fixed in a month. I have no problem with any sort of content being available but being recommended podcasts that don’t meet minimum journalistic standards is beyond annoying. 

Now that I think about it, the podcast recommendation acts as advertising, I’m not going to pay monthly to be advertised to. 

It is still there. And it is**bleep**. Please, for the love of god, let us remove that **bleep**.

Kokii

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stop ignoring us. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>FIX IT !<<<<<<<<<<<<

cynastar

We should at least have the option to remove a podcast from top podcasts.  I may listen to one episode to see if I like it and then it's permanently attached to my account even though I don't follow it.  So annoying.  

Thera_

Yo, what the frick spotify team

How is making your community make suggestion and then just saying: "We don't want to do that for absolutely no reason at all", an acceptable practice?

DanKarb

Dear Spotify team, are you working on anything at all? Could you please for once listen to your paying users? I don’t want to listen to fricking podcasts, I’m using Spotify to listen to music! I am already considering going back to Apple Music because there’s seemingly neither efforts nor willing from your side to do anything your audience asks.

Fiddledeedee

I agree that the mixing of podcasts and music is reducing the value of Spotify Premium. I've created a new "idea" to create an entirely separate "Home" for podcasts. I suspect most of us pay for Premium because of the music, not the podcasts. We can listen to podcasts with any service.

Please vote if you like this idea. At the time I hadn't see this idea, but I'm not sure it's the same.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Discover-Separate-Podcast-Home-from-Music-...

n0t_a_n00b

@Fiddledeedee Well, that's a good idea too. I'd prefer to have podcasts separated entirely from music... which is why I've stopped using Spotify for podcasts. Of course, my Home screen has only filled up with more podcasts since then. Again, mostly shows where I listened to part of one episode a while ago. It's so broken it would be funny if we weren't paying for it.

The goal in this idea was that we need an option to tell Spotify "I'm not interested in show X", but by now it's obvious that Spotify knows much better than we do what we're supposed to be interested in, and isn't interested in any ideas to the contrary.