Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Burundilapp

Seriously, wth.   Thanks for putting shareholders before customers Spotify, well done.

The only reason I can see you're not making this into a feature is that you think you can generate more money from podcasts, regardless of whether some customers want to see podcasts or not.

Personally I can't listen to podcasts as it interrupts my concentration when working, I would like to remove or relegate the podcasts entry from home page altogether as it is useless to me.

quodsolaris

Allow user to switch off podcasts. We should be able to edit what we see on the home screen.

It is clear that spotify is forcing these on us in order to monetise them. For unpaid users I kind of understand. But for paid users - wth? 

bakosbator

It's really hard to believe ... after 2,5 years and 4000 votes, you still can't solve this problem? For god’s sake, this would be a totally basic feature.

MrBue

I don't want to use Spotify anymore.

No HomePod integration, no AirPlay2, I don't listen to podcasts but Spotify annoys me with it...and worst of all, Spotify is so arrogant and doesn't think it has to listen to its paying customers.

I deleted my family account today, after almost 10 years, and prefer to give my money to Deezer.

**bleep** you Spotify, you should be struck by lightning while shitting!

Noktiok

I don't want to see podcasts at all! It is super annoying to see them when I have not listened to a single second of podcasts! They are hiding music suggestions which I want to see but all I see are completely uninteresting PODCASTS everywhere.

marcolopespt

I have a podcaster that i simply HATE!!!!

I DON'T WANT to have that thing on my home screen!

Must i quit Spotify????????????

Why is Spotify recommending podcasters that mean NOTHING to me, and i cannot REMOVE!?!!?

StarSlide

After almost 3 years you still can't give me the option to switch off promoted **bleep** on the home screen... As many others said before: I pay for music not for random opinions from random weirdos. And the covers are actually embarrassing. I really don't want to see that.

HeresJohnny2

Well I was one of the first users back in 2008 unbelieveable thet you can mess up a great product with a non customable  homepage HE WAKE UP and fix this else I need to move to DEEZER. 

FIX THIS ASAP ! 

bonkstok

It is just so fking annoying to open spotify when you want to study or relax and you see the faces of the pod cast covers.

I dont **bleep** about their opinion, their way to wealth or what ever.  I just want to listen to some Rick Astley in peace without getting triggered! How fking hard can it be? I always hear; Spotify development team is great, they always use feature switches! Well **bleep**; just allow me to turn this feature switch the **bleep** off. Now I need to listen to Mad World to calm down >.<

Magickly

Sick of spotify utter contempt & disregard for customers AND BOGUS COMMUNITY IDEAS ROCKSTAR BS. FORCING YOUR CHOICE OF PODCASTS ON OUR HOME PAGE AS IF THIS IS A FREE SERVICE.  CURRENTLY HIDEOUS UNWANTED UN**bleep** YOUR BRAIN PODCAST HAS BEEN ON MY HOMEPAGE FOR MONTHS. SPOTIFY SHOULD UN**bleep** YOURSELF. SHAMELESS GREEDY EGOMANIACS.

CUSTOMERS MUST BEG (VOTE ?!?) FOR BASIC FUNCTIONS, TO BE TOLD SORRY NOT NOW. UNBELIEVABLE