Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
PleaseFixTheApp

Canceled Spotify today because of this c r a p. Switched to Deezer which went pretty smooth

chipotle
Hey folks, as others have said, this is now fixed, at least for me.
Podcasts are now in a separate section below music on home screen, that you
do not have to see while listening.
They erased the offensive suggested podcasts, that may have been on just an
individual basis for those on this thread, I don't know.
There's also an explicit content switch, which may be too much, but
it's there for use.
My next problem is all the replies that I get on this topic, so read this
and DO NOT REPLY. Be safe out there!
ashthestampede

Podcasts suddenly spread at the top again this morning. A giant middle finger for you from Spotify… again. Perhaps they have given the money to add the option to Joe

Bsh

The Good Morning section keeps showing me a podcast that I listened to once and never want to listen to again. I even rated it 1-star, but it’s still there. How do I get rid of it? I don’t follow it

MSNdotNET

I listened to a breakup healing podcast, but now I'm seeing someone new, I don't want that person to see my Flippen home screen about getting over an EX. Need some features up pronto for privacy.

ebonyteganpaige

4300 votes and still nothing. Get it together spotify, this would be less than a week to add a remove function.

morsel

Confirmed that Spotify is paid to promote podcasts, so has a direct financial incentive not to remove the recommendations: https://support.spotifyforpodcasters.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043829672-Promoting-your-podcast-on-Sp...

richeep

You're just not listening. Podcasts are a waste of screen space. My annual plan ends next month so I'm moving to Amazon. 

skarb

NO podcasts - I don't want them! 

I love Spotify for the music and keep paying for the premium subscription for the MUSIC ONLY. 

Please give me an option to exclude the podcasts 

please, please, please. 

NOT on the list of suggestions and DEFINITELY NOT in the middle of the playlist! 

Burundilapp

So podcasts had stopped showing up briefly, they are now back on every platform I use Spotify on.

We are not interested Spotify, why don't you understand this, we don't want Podcasts, we came here for music.

Give us the damn option to hide podcasts or at the very least move them to the bottom of our home page so they are out of the way.  It's not that hard, listen to your customers and not just your investors.