Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Burundilapp

And they've gone again, no podcasts showing on Mobile or Web App for me now.  Is this what others are now seeing?

MrBue

Currently, I also only have one row way down with two podcasts. But don't fret, they'll be back!

mwseik

It has still not been fixed, this is now July 2022. There is not a remove, delete or get rid of this podcast option, no one wants to see and or hear. Maybe a lawsuit is in order for violating our listening standards. The only person that has any right to suggest playing **bleep** is what my friends suggest. Of which I can listen to briefly and get rid of. I do not need something vulgar to not only stay displayed where everyone can see it. But then I have to explain why it is there over and over. It is not my stuff. It is something that some Pervert at Spotify listens to and is Forcing everyone else to listen to. Fix this issue. I pay monthly for this service. I expect to have freedom of use.

nicecommenter_

Its has been 3 years since this was posted. You're telling me Spotify couldn't do anything about this for 3 years?

What am I paying premium for then?

Please have this completed.

I expect to see some improvement in the next coming months. 

richeep

I've now left Spotify due to the podcast issue. I've moved to Tidal. Same price, more music that isn't available on Spotify, great interface (very similar) and most importantly: No Podcasts!

Totally agree. A new interface was supposed to let us choose between podcasts and music through distinct panels, and then to give us an easier access to the music we like. I took a premium account to test these features... and nothing has changed, actually. Always this stupid forcing for podcasts I just dont care and industrial "beeeep"... Spotify will never change, I cancelled my premium, and now my account too. 

kene33

ok wait.... Am i seeing what i'm seeing?

Podcasts have floated below Recently Played? 

Can this be real? While I would prefer to completely remove podcasts 100% from my App, this is better than nothing!

Don't mess this up Spotify!

To ensure this is clear from one user:

I DO NOT WANT PODCASTS. I NEVER WANTED PODCASTS. 

Should I ever want podcasts, clearly they didn't heat the furnace hot enough when they cremated me.

Why do i feel so grateful for removing such a horrible interface we never wanted that was forced on paying users with no means to remove?

MrBue

Let's be honest Spotify...this new (old) view is totally stupid!

Why not just the normal view, only WITHOUT the podcasts?

...and delete things I have no interest in...forever, not just 90 days!

D90730B9-14B0-4C6F-AEC6-1566DEDAEA9F.png

Ben1771

Here we are 3 years later still subbed to the same shite company lol

goonboi100

This is ridiculous. It isn't a heavy lift to make this optional. I have no interest in listening to Podcasts. I don't listen to Podcasts and yet the stream of suggested shows takes higher precedent than anything else on my home screen. I hate logging in and seeing promoted links to right-wing political shows like Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan. Keep your politics to yourself Spotify.