Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Super_Emile

I can't open Spotify in front of others no more because a podcast with a inappropriate cover picture has been stuck on my homepage for months

Spring04

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 fe/ Samsung galaxy s6 lite

My Question or Issue

For the last 6 months i've been stuck with multiple podcasts in my "your shows" page and I cant remove them. Some i've never even listened to. One has a very unsettling cover. I accidentally played a song which was apparently a podcast episode. Please please please how do i remove it. 

I've seen that this has been an issue for a minimum of 3 years now for others as well. Spotify please fix your problems! I want to be able to remove shows as easily as I can add them

crosbacious

For the love of God let us actually customise what we see on the screen - let me remove this or reset the recommendations.

As a service, you guys keep going down. I get it, you wanna abuse some sort of algorithm / but for the love of God - let me at least choose what I see.

I wish to delete a show shown in Your Shows tab of my dashboard in both Android App and Desktop App. I don't wish to listen to that show and I don't want to see its poster o my dashboard either.
bdawg923

It's mind-blowing that this post is up for 3+ years, has 43 pages of the same sentiment and it's still not possible to remove a podcast from"your shows" even if you listened to like 5 min of one episode. In 2023.

We landed on the moon in 1969 and Spotify can't add this feature? Absolutely bonkers  

sblocks94

My post got removed bc it was too similar to this idea. The recent update has made it worse too. 

Misscscr

I would love to see this issue pushed up to "In Progress". I do wish the team could reconsider their decision since it has been an ongoing issue for a few years now. If they absolutely have to advertise certain things, maybe at least add a module or something that asks the user if what is being advertised is relevant to their experience? Kind of how YouTube lets you select "Not interested" or "Don't recommend channel". Just a thought. ... I wonder if i can somehow block that section out using Spotify on browser? But that is doing a bit too much. Anyway, hope the Spotify team reconsiders!

[Edit] Doesn't Spotify have an option to block certain artists from being heard on their account? I feel like they could also add that option for certain podcasts. Like, let me block a Podcast from appearing in my acct. 

Burner4

A Spotify support agent said:

Burner4_0-1683653891861.png

Which seems a lot less user friendly than adding a Remove/Not Interested button. Come on, Spotify. We pay for this.

sun_gam

Here**bleep** crazy idea for you - instead of you guys just keep adding random stuff to "My programs" that I just listened to once and never want to listen again (hint: I haven't clicked on "follow" so I'm probably not that interested in the pods as you think I am) - why not let me, the user WHO PAYS YOUR SALARY decide what I should have under MY programs?
Wouldn't that be something?

Shitheads. Stop creating features users don't asked for, and make the stuff you have already work as one would expect. Heard of CRUD maybe? Well, you forgot the D in this case...

sun_gam

We're at 4 700 votes on this already. How many does it take for you to change status from "Not right now" to "We're doing it in the next release"?

Also, wasn't there one single developer who raised their hand when "Let's add a Top Podcasts feature to the app!" was discussed and said "Shouldn't we let the user decide on this...?".