Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Phantom25

I have never even listened to anything anime related and still I get this “H*ntai with Senpai” smack dab in the middle as soon as I open the app, I am so tired of this and have been made fun of because of this. Additionally there are only 2 episodes and the last time an episode was made was June. I have tried everything to stop suggesting this, even turning off explicit content does nothing despite the cover literally being H*ntai. Do your damn job Spotify I didn’t pay for premium for these unwanted garbage podcasts that have nsfw covers 

olivertaberner1

Right  I watch amine like one piece ,attack on titian. Nothing to weird so why the **bleep** do I have Hentai with senpai suggested podcast I have to see it every **bleep**ing time I use the app.

imcrazycat09

Ok I want to remove a suggestion because its really disgusting and i don't want to see in my top podcasts its called hentai with sempai and i really don't want to see that.

Spotify guys are really making it hard to even implement this idea. Similar to some other apps/platforms, at least we should be able to dismiss your suggestions. At the moment, the same suggestions keep popping up and I have never even listened to any ghost stories but it keeps popping up under the "shows I might like". NO! I DONT LIKE IT! I never watched ghost stories! I hate them! and sometimes at night I wanted to listen to songs on spotify and the stupid ghost face keeps showing up! I hate it! Can you PLEASE add a function for us to dismiss it and for it to never popped up again please! Look at my homepage now:Look at this!Look at this!

n0t_a_n00b

Beyond crazy that I cannot remove a podcast from this list, when I only listened to it ONCE, months ago, and have listened to many more since then. "Top shows" my a**. This thing is freakin embarrassing and I live in fear because, working from home, I have family members around all the time, and if they see this stupid show on my screen there will be a scene. So, there's no solution except to not open Spotify. I guess Tidal and Qobuz look nice...

pedro9000

Might cancel my subscription because of this issue. I have no intention of listening to Spotify podcasts. Just let me listen to music in peace! Quite annoying tbh. 

ym-d_nzxcxhzp

I quite like many things about spotify but the lack of customisation, including this issue, is absurd. There is clearly a demand for this and it wouldn't negatively affect people who do want to see podcasts. It's clear that podcasts are an important part of spotify's business strategy but that strategy is unfortunately misaligned to my interests.

In addition these threads have highlighted very poor customer service.

Fortunately there are many other services that I can switch to. I would recommend everyone sufficiently irritated by the situation does the same because that's the only way spotify might learn to listen.

Pork3

Please fix this issue it is bothering a lot of people obviously....SPOTIFY LISTEN TO YOUR PREMUIM USERS!! SAME ISSUE FOR ME IN "SHOWS YOU MIGHT LIKE" LIKE NO I WONT LIKE THEM AND I DONT LIKE THEM STOP SHOWING THEM TO ME!!!

martinclive1312

I hate the fact that Spotify is telling me what 'My Top Shows' are when I've actually followed other shows. Ok, I'll be brutally specific. I do not want 'Archewell' appearing as one of my top shows! I listened to 5 minutes of it once out of morbid curiosity, and now I can't get rid of this sanctimonious, self-promoting, pompous bulls**t from my home page. I will put up with it for another two weeks. If you haven't declared your intention of giving me the option of curating my own Top Shows, I'll close my account out of sheer irritation. Do not treat your customers with contempt, regardless of how much money you've given this pair of pointless celebs.

Fandom

This is now 11 pages of seething remarks about the missing feature of removing/curating the Shows to Try and Top Shows from the home screen. I can't imagine how many more users feel similarly but don't make it to this page to complain.

Can we get a moderator to give us an update whether this feature will be deployed in the near future, or if it will not? Then we can well choose to move on to another music streaming platform if there is no answer here.