Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
BeastBen

Neil Young made it clear:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60149951.amp
He left Spotify. 

Bocara

Spotify leadership, hear us.

This is BS.

Your user base is telling you that this feature of the app causes, at minimum, frustration and embarrassment, and your official (and now very dated) response is "we have no plans to implement a change"?  Please tell us there's been a change of plan?  And please tell us a valid reason Spotify won't enable a way for users to customize their home screen content?  I remember not too long ago, podcasts were displayed at the bottom of my Spotify home screen.  They they started showing up in the middle.  Now they've gotten comfy at the very top--even though I never use them.  I can only agree with other users that there must be some marketing agenda behind this easy fix.  Why else can we not OPT OUT or thumbs down or in some way indicate that some or all of the recommended podcasts are NOT of interest and should NOT show?  We can designate songs we don't like to not play or show in a playlist...why not hide podcasts we don't like?  Isn't the app by nature supposed to be customized toward user habits?

I understand that Spotify is not providing this service as a benevolent foundation.  **But I pay for my account.**  I pay for a family account, in fact.  I shouldn't have to see political or inappropriate podcasts being pushed on me, and neither should my family members.  I should be able to opt out of a feature I don't even use.  I occasionally listen to random music utterly opposite my typical genres, and the Spotify algorithm doesn't necessarily start pushing artists and song radio recommendations based on those brief uses.  Yet I apparently made the mistake of checking a few podcasts out, decided they weren't my thing, never listened again, and now they're hanging out at the top of my screen like a mooch cousin who won't leave and has invited other unsavory friends over, too.

I want them gone!

If your algorithm works as it appears to for songs, podcasts would never be the first thing I see. The "recently played" list would.  And in fact, the rest of my Spotify home page has so many recommended playlists based on my song and genre listening habits that it's a wonder a SINGLE podcast recommendation would EVER show up.  Even Pinterest, which has devolved from a great app to a marketing-laden swamp, allows users to at least narrow down or "hide" (LOL) what sort of marketing recommendations they see.  Opening Spotify, whether on my phone or desktop, now feels like a blog where you have to scroll past all the sponsored **bleep** advertisements to get to the article.  I say again, paid accounts should be exempt from a forced agenda.

An unhappy user base may become a smaller user base.  There are just too many other listening options out there not to jettison oneself to a new app.  Please allow users the option to hide or remove podcasts, if desired.  Don't organize them at the top if they are never used.  This should apply to any device you're listening on.  Thank you.

LordRikiller

It's now been a few months since I cancelled my Spotify sub. 

I tinkled with YouTube music for a while, which is better than Spotify in that it doesn't show podcasts. However, recently Google integrated Apple Music into their devices (Hey Google etc), and I've moved back to Apple Music and could not be happier! So for all you disgruntled ladies and gentlemen, **bleep** off Spotify because they clearly don't give a **bleep**, and spend your money on better services. 

PleaseFixTheApp

Apple music is a PITA with Last.FM

Etapi

Not right now, so the can continue to push their $100 million embarrassment on their subscribers? That seems to be a more likely answer 

besthand70

This is embarrassing, Spotify!

several users are complaining about this issue, you redirect them to this idea to vote, and mark the original complaint as *solved*,  then close the idea as "Not Right Now". Nothing is solved nor closed this way. 

Ignoring, or even trying to bury down customer feedback this way is an insult to your paying customers. Insulting your paying customers is a dangerous way of doing business. They may not be leaving just right away, but for sure will start looking for alternative services to switch to. 

You better get you slit together!

matias204

I'm going to cancel subscription, I really hate the podcast section that shows podcasts that are of no interest to me, and actually shows embarrassing topics with sexual content, vulgar language, etc I just can't open spotify at work because those embarrassing topics, are displayed in fullscreen, I can't even open spotify in the car without my little kids asking about the sexual content being shown.

This is VERY annoyingScreen Shot 2022-02-03 at 5.14.16 PM.png

tholkhan

WHY I SHOULD SEE SOME FREAK PODCASTS FOR "ME SUGGESTIONS" 

I WANT TO UPLOAD WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BUT EVEN PREMIUM ACCOUNT I CANNOT SEE ANY SUPPORT OR CRM

Freadone
  1. This is the worst think, and pretty Sure i will change to tidal if spotify dont change that. I really starting to hate Spotify beacause i hate the podcast seen everytime first i open up the App. 
MetalFerg

you have "no plans" to implement a basic feature that literally every other similar service provides? **bleep** ok