Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
MrBue

Things will only change when many users cancel their Spotify account and switch to other providers. That's exactly what I'm going to do. This month was the last month I transferred my money to Spotify. I'm moving my family account to Apple Music or Deezer.

Bye Bye Spotify.

ikeeki

MrBue is right. Thankfully I didn't even get to the point of giving them any money. I was on the free trial and cancelled my account just a few days into it. For anyone who's afraid to jump ship because they have all of their playlists and favorites set up the way they want, just sign up for Soundiiz for a month for $5, transfer everything over to the new service and you're good to go. I did that when trying Spotify from YouTube Music and it worked great.

StarSlide

O_M_G they actually fixed it. I almost can't believe it... Start page no longer smashes potcasts in to my face since the last update, thank you!

Edit: Aaaaand they are back... come on!!! LET ME TURN OFF PODCASTS!

MrBue

Unfortunately, nothing has changed in my case. The podcasts are still displayed at the top. 😞

But anyway, I canceled at the end of the month and switch to Apple Music.

I’m on the same boat. I share my device with my kid. I listen to a podcast for 2 seconds and now is at the top of my list on the home page! It is an adult explicit podcast with a sexual picture not suitable for any kid to see! It is not going away despite the fact that I have been playing all day kids stories and kids songs! I’m considering switching to a new service. This is ridiculous. Spotify should be better at making sure users can delete history SPECIALLY explicit and adult content.   

Burundilapp

I'm pleased to say that Podcasts have been removed from my own home screen on Mobile, Desktop and Web, they've gone completely, no sign of Podcasts whatsoever, which on a personal level I'm happy with but I get the feeling that Spotify support have had some unfortunate soul going through this thread removing Podcasts for anyone who has said they don't want them, and whilst that is action and I thank them for doing something, it's not addressing the fundamental issue of personal choice to relegate podcasts to lower down the page or adding a tick box to preferences to allow a user to hide podcasts completely themselves.

It looks like there is some way of removing Podcasts in the code set, just allow users to do this themselves and give whoever is having to do this manually on a per user basis something better to do.

MrBue

@Burundilapp

Can you please post a screenshot of your Spotify app

Burundilapp

SpotifyScreen.JPG

Here you go. Podcasts don't appear to have been relegated to anywhere else, they've just gone for me.

MrBue

Wow! Even on the smartphone?

Unfortunately, nothing has changed for me.

2F279A14-0986-4805-A445-C16C6DE89EE1.jpeg

Burundilapp

Podcasts have been moved down on the Mobile app, I think I missed them as they were no longer as high up, but they are no longer as heavily featured on Mobile.