Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
cadaceus200

Do you want to tell my 8 year old what a 'Ho' is?  I would prefer to have that conversation with him when he is a little older. What would happen to me if I titled my idea 'Ho, why is you putting filth on my home screen?'  I get that I can filter explicit content when playing music. If there is an option to filter explicit content from my home screen I'd like to know of it.  And, I don't want to depend on the moral values of artists or their label. I pay for Spoitify premium, I decide what is inappropriate.

And another thing. I'm tired of commenting on this and getting shoved aside. I have received multiple email notifications from Spotify where my requests received likes and have received other emails from Spotify where other users posted similar requests, so I know there are plenty of complaints on this. I am switching to another service if you don't do something about this.

janetbeautiful

The customer service feedback system on here has fallen into a deep ditch. I don't know what's going on but this does not work. Should we complain to Zuckerberg? Managing content list is a basic functionality nowadays and there's plenty of money here with Facebook monetizing our personal private data and brand, so what's going on with taking on advertisers but not modifying the software to meet a reasonable need from a user, paying user at that? I'm not the only one wanting to leave please do something, give us a timeline, anything

cadaceus200

Notifying Zuckerberg is a great idea. I am looking at alternatives and I am all for ditching Spotify for a platform that listens to its users and doesn't subject paid subscribers to Label payola. I wonder how many would join an exit?

Bargeek

This is a deal breaker for me.  If I can't have management what my home screen displays, I will unsubscribe.

jonathanrex

We also prepare to cancel our memberships with spotify. My family and some friends started to make screenshots of their playlists before unsubscribing. There are better providers where paying customers don't get ignored.

simsonfahrer

There are not too expensive service offers for transferring playlists...

(i.e. soundiiz.com, mooval.de, ...)

Sshortk

My daily list is full**bleep** I don't listen to. I waste so much time now trying to find and listen to the podcasts I ACTUALLY WANT TO HEAR that I'm using Spotify less and less. Not sure why I'm still paying... Doubtful it'll be for much longer and all for an option?! Not sure how this turned into a dictatorship Spotify! 

tic8xisbybz4cta

I never listen to podcasts and some suggested i actually find offensive.

And the fact that i can't change any of it as a paying member, is even worse.

This is an easy option to make, and used in MANY services.

This is lazy, and rediculous.

Just let me turn off podcasts.

AdrianoPonteTKD

"not right now"

Absurdly unrespectful

I will be cancelling, I have no interest in pod casts or of the political views of the ex president of the United States as she is as corrupt as the rest. 

And you don’t want my views on Joe **bleep**ing Rogan believe me.