Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] 'Add to playlist' sort order should be custom

In the latest Spotify library redesign, when I try to add a song to a playlist, the modal that opens sorts my playlists in a seemingly random order. This is very annoying since I have a mix of many playlists/folders in a specific custom order, and now finding the correct playlist to add a song has become a pain. This has only become a problem in the latest update, and worked perfectly in previous Spotify versions. I think that the order of the playlists in the "Add to playlist" dialog should follow the same order as the main Playlists tab - that is, if I have my playlists sorted by custom, the dialog should be sorted the same way.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
PeterClements

This is enough to leave spotify, been driving me mad for months now 

marypaulin

I have the same issue and it drives me crazy! So inconvenient. And please don't fix this by a search button, I don't want to type the name of the playlist everytime I want to add a song to it. I know exactly the order of my playlists and I don't mind AT ALL scrolling to a specific point. But right now I scroll down and up and down and up again reading every single playlist name to find the one I'm looking for. Such a pain.

Mengil

This is currently the most annoying thing with the platform at the moment, and has been for a long while now

Bobben

Hello, 

The order is undeterministic, as the list seem to arbitrarily appear in a "Relevant" order.

I'd like to add some playlists does not appear in the "Add to playlist"-list.

This is not desired as an end-user.

Best regards,

Robert

j_beaman

This is existential to my relationship with Spotify. I have hundreds of playlists, dozens of them active that I add to regularly and this is making the app literally unusable. 

raphtaph

Can we please do something about this? Adding music to playlists completely sucks since the update. Very very annoying. There are enough comments on here for Spotify to give us a simple option to arrange the playlist order when adding. It shouldn't be that hard.

Chimewave

Having to scroll through playlists in random order just to add a track really sucks in my view. 

Chimewave

If only they spent as much time listening to their users as we spend listening to Spotify. 

SustainedNote

I agree. I have hundreds of playlists in alphabetical order and if they're reordered it takes me a very long time to find the right playlist. This is very frustrating. Please add a Filter Type option. 

Paulvissers97

This update/reverse is a MUST for me. I figure it's not hard at all to implement and it's a freaking pain to scroll through 100 playlists every single time. Fix it!