Announcements

[Mobile][Playlists] 'Add to playlist' sort order should be custom

In the latest Spotify library redesign, when I try to add a song to a playlist, the modal that opens sorts my playlists in a seemingly random order. This is very annoying since I have a mix of many playlists/folders in a specific custom order, and now finding the correct playlist to add a song has become a pain. This has only become a problem in the latest update, and worked perfectly in previous Spotify versions. I think that the order of the playlists in the "Add to playlist" dialog should follow the same order as the main Playlists tab - that is, if I have my playlists sorted by custom, the dialog should be sorted the same way.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Lenexia

Also. Maybe spotify should ask customers to vote for these features directly in the app where it's easier to find. Then we would get a true idea of what people want. Finding this page alone was already so time consuming..

marcel_andreu

I use monthly playlists where I dump everything that I find interesting during that month. Before that extremely not intelligent update, that was very easy. Now I need to *search* for the new playlist every time until after a couple weeks the all-knowing algorithm has figured out the "relevance" of that playlist. Please either allow a custom order or make the AI I enough to understand my usage pattern. Thank you

mpsspot

Once again, spotify ignores users'  feedback...

SustainedNote
Everyone should note that the "Add to Playlist" function now has a search
attached. I find this incredibly useful, even moreso than sort. But yes, we
would still like a sort option.
Paulvissers97

Great news: my 'add to playlist' menu now has a search bar AND a sort menu at top! I use Spotify on Android in The Netherlands and I hope this'll get available for everybody soon!

majathorsen

it sure does have a search bar and a few sort options, but theres still no option to have the playlists be displayed in the custom order i have them in my playlist list. beyond irritating.

MikeKlemarewski

Regarding the desktop app: I actually can't believe this. Just sort them alphabetically at least in the meantime? This is such a massive pain point in the UI and shouldn't be the kind of thing that is hard to fix. How much internal bureaucracy can there possibly be that sorting a list can't get done for years?!?! Why is Spotify making great updates to the mobile app, and completely neglecting the Desktop + web app?

Lekomma

Come on Spotify you had that feature already in the past, why does it take so long to bring it back then? 
It’s crucial in my opinion, glad that I made most of my playlists before you removed that feature. 

robo_2

Hey guys,

At first i thought this was a minor bug (that as way over a year ago), then i searched for it online 6 months ago and found out it was a chosen path for Spotify and it was here as a problem. Silly me also thought Spotify would do something about a insanely annoying problem like this is, i mean do you want people to use playlists? it takes up to half a minute if you going to scroll down all your list to find the right playlist, or you got to use two hands to search for the right playlist, because that AI/ML thing you got going with recent playlists does not work properly.

Please guys, just have it as a option, is that too much to ask for?

I mean, it took you guys 6 hours from Adele tweeted about randomized shuffle till you fixed it, so you clearly can fix this sooner than 2 years with dissatisfied customers...

robo_2

Can you option in to have the custom order when i add songs to playlists?