Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Reinstate “Last Updated” on playlists

As from version 8.5.46 on IOS, you can no longer swipe left to find out when a playlist was last updated.

Can this feature be reinstated as it’s really quick useful way to check large playlists and when they were last updated.

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
xBee

Yes, please add it back!! My playlist layout only JUST changed and I don't like not being able to see when a playlist was last updated (especially my own).

Ecto_1

This needs to be brought back sorting through all my playlists that I like to listen to just to see if they have updated new music it's a huge drag to not have dates of when it was last updated. 

natty925

BRING THIS BACK! I have a playlist a friend has shared with me for over 4+ years, and I love to see the dates of when the music was added/when the playlist was updated in the app. I hardly ever listen via the desktop. Please fix.

Impydave

Well to me this is a massive omission and has got me considering leaving my premium account of 7 years for the very first tine! To me this is by far the most useful feature on Android and for it to be removed recently has made me think its time to move to another service, not only because of this, but also for the higher quality bit rates for which Spotify seem to not want either 😔 

Ktkellyweed

Please show when play lists were last updated. After the most recent Spotify update it doesn't show. It was a very nice feature.

Devildutchman

I follow a lot of playlists, all with different genres of music.

I also have one huge playlist with everything i like added.. i used to use the last updated function to see when a playlist was updated just so i could add the songs to my playlist..

I would love this feature back added to spotify

RandomRebelRose

I completely agree with everyone that this feature is very much needed back in the mobile app, both IOS and Android. I use the app daily to play the 70+ playlists that I follow and being able to quickly check when the playlist was last updated is an absolute essential. This feature was honestly my most used one as it helped me decide which playlist to listen to. I usually rotate between playlists depending on if there are new fresh songs for me to discover. Not showing when a playlist last updated also makes it hard to know when a playlist might next change. Sometimes I listen to a playlist in its entirety over a few days and as a lot of playlists get updated about once a week I can get an idea of when my queue might "reset" so to speak. I know a lot of people including me would really love for this feature to be brought back!

SimpleR

Please return this feature. It is very useful for me.

tryggh10

For any update then, date of most recently added songs in playlist disappeared. (on mobile)

I really miss that future. Someone else who does??

It will be difficult to see which playlists are update with new music if you can not see the latest added dates..

Hope Spotify resolves so it comes back. 😁

tryggh10

Please Spotify, we are many who want that feature back.

To be able to see the latest dates in the playlists.

I want it back, now!