Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Remove Apple Watch 50 Song Limit

I am so grateful that we finally can download Spotify playlists on the Apple Watch, but I was pretty disappointed to find out that there is a 50 song limit per playlist. I’m not sure if that is on purpose for formatting or storage concerns, but I would love to see that limit removed so that I can download full playlists to my Watch and listen to all my music without having to have my phone on me. 

Updated on 2023-07-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that now there’s a limit of 100 downloads per playlist. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
askistvad

Also still waiting. I think there's a lot that could be improved in the Spotify Apple Watch integration/app in general, and I'm sure Spotify is aware of this. However, top points from me (would seriously be a huuuge improvement to many people's exercise/running life!):

1. (this is def #1 for me!): Automatic sync on playlists: I have to remove/add the lists again when I add new songs.
  2. Remove song limit of 50 songs.
  3. Faster downloads. There's a known workaround with disabling bluetooth on iPhone, then it's a little faster, but not great.

Fingers crossed x 1000!

tovi21

I would like to download more than 50 tracks to my apple watch so I don't have to carry my iPhone around, while e.g. working out or going for a walk.

cal3b123

**bleep** guys I think this is slightly improved in a new Spotify TestFlight release I seem to be able to have playlists with 100 songs now

https://testflight.apple.com/join/1SyedSId

Thanks spotify, genuinely appreciate this 🔥

cal3b123

Lol you can’t say o m g

Dantrag0

Great, that’s something 

allmarketing
Can confirm, a playlist on my Apple Watch has 99 tracks synced offline.
Am syncing more now and will report back.
SnoopDOGZ

Wahoo finally, thanks for letting me know appreciate it!

allmarketing

Perseverance my friends. WE MADE IT! 

Can confirm, two playlists have synced to my Apple Watch 100 tracks each. A great first step from Spotify. 

Next step is the ability for the user to select WHICH 100 Tracks to sync.... 

scaredoftheligh

I can work with the 100 track limit if i could choose "Always sync 100 latest tracks from this playlist" as in the 100 tracks i added recently.

scotterito

wow, was just complaining about this in my new Apple Watch I got 2 days ago (Nov 2022).  Limit was 50 & just tried again today and limit is now 100.  
Still annoying with any limit but guess 100 is better than 50.