Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep the sort and filter options when Smart Shuffle/Enhance is on

The previous versions of Spotify let you sort and filter in your playlist, especially your liked songs, even when Smart Shuffle is on. I always have shuffle on and I have over 700 songs liked, I do not want to need to scroll through them to find one song to add to queue. Everything else seems great on Spotify. 

Updated on 2023-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
aavocadotoastt

i started using the new Enhance option for my playlists, and it’s amazing because there’s a ton of new music i haven’t heard before. there is a little setback though. as an organized person, it bugs me that i can’t search or filter through the playlist, and everything is thrown out of order. turning the Enhance option off, finding the song, and turning it back on again is quite the hassle. i think it would be better to add the search and filter options back into the playlist with the Enhance option on just to make some things easier.

Freezyloen

Whenever you enhance a playlist on spotify, the search feature becomes unavailable for use. When you enhance larger playlists, this becomes quite a bother on mobile devices.

In the mobile app the "add recommendation to playlist" and "remove recommendation" options are only available in the overview of the playlist and not in the menu. While adding songs to a playlist can still be done relatively easily, to remove a recommendation - so it doesn't get played again - you currently have to manually search for it in your playlist! This is of course highly impractical in larger playlists, especially when enhancing the liked songs playlist, as this can only be done in the mobile app.

Also, while this isn't as big a problem on desktop, it still wouldn't hurt to make this change for desktop too.

Note: while the problems listed above can also be fixed by adding the "add/remove recommendation" options to the "song currently playing" interface or to the menu opened with the three dots within that interface, I specifically focus on retaining the search ability because of the Idea Guideluines.

Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-10-12

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Brad007

I agree, I absolutely love the enhanced playlist feature, but am thoroughly frustrated by the inability to search or filter enhanced playlists. I see an "enhanced/suggested" song play and go to add it, but the "+" is not available on the page showing the current song, and I really struggle to find it in the list of my playlists as they are very long. Would love to be able to search for songs in an enhanced playlist AND for the "+" button to be available on the current playing song page (both on PC and on android).

Please and thanks xx

NichoV

Fully support this! It's stupid to not be able to search and sort the playlists even though they are enhanced. What if we were to have an enhanced sort-default state or something like that. Don't force me to "unenhance" the playlist just so I can look through it. Now that being said I adore the enhance function and the algorithm for finding new songs is nothing but a work of art. Hope you guys listen to us and give us the ability to sort and search in an enhanced playlist.

Minamimoto

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey there. I made a playlist with added suggested songs by Spotify. Now, Spotify won't let me sort the playlist without disabling this feature and I wonder... Why? I listen to this playlist most of the time, so I want recommended songs to be added there, but I also want it to be sorted by title to find certain songs more quickly.

I now had to re-order my playlist by hand alphabetically for Spotify to save this as my "custom order" to then enable the feature again, which is just stupid. I listen to the list on shuffle anyway, so Spotify could just order the suggested songs alphabetically by itself as well?

Macro

Yes please! I was just about to submit exactly the same idea but you saved me the effort 🙂 Right now it's just to complicated to discover the enchanced songs and adding them, especially when focusing on work and just wanting to quickly save a new good song to the list

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Jaylenm609

When you “enhance” a playlist, you no longer have the search bar to look for a specific song. This can be kinda annoying, especially with a big playlist with a lot of “enhanced” songs thrown in there

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.