Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Re-arrange song "..." index options

Not generally one to post feedback but this seems like a UX/UI error that should be addressed.

When I open an album and select "..." next to any song on that album, the first few options include "Hide Song" and "Remove From This Playlist" if that song is within a playlist. I recommend moving those down a few options to prevent users from inadvertently deleting or hiding a song they actually intended to share or add to a playlist.

I made this error and had to scour the internet using only my memory of the album art and the first word of the song title (which was in Portuguese) to recover a song I accidentally removed from a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-05-20

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ebynstanlee

Support

p0upal

Yes! I've hidden like 3 songs trying to add them to a playlist. When you are in a radio, it just disapear... It's a bit frustrating when you don't know the song name. It's pretty much lost forever.

frostyapples

Dear Spotify devs, 

Please stop making unnecessary UI changes which affects muscle memory. If you add new options then add them to the bottom, not the top. 

Angry regards, 

Just another user that is sick of people fixing problems that don't exist. 

Keithkeith504

I completely agree, this is a HORRIBLE inconvenience, and It affects me ALL the time. Again and again I accidentally will hit the hide button on songs that I love, or remove from playlist. 

Why on earth would they make these the first options?????

I also am constantly hitting the heart button, accidentally deleting my favorite songs from my library. I really don’t understand some of the things Spotify does. How do they not realize such terrible ideas?

Undavidbergquis

How has it been a month and this issue wasn't address yet.... Was it someone really high up in the company who thought this was a great idea and no one wanted to correct him with common sense?

1/5 stars switching to SoundCloud premium if not corrected soon.

Nerd4life

I think there should be an option to disable "Hide this song" all together. If I don't like a song, I'd rather than skip it. It is just more of a hassle than a benefit for me.

MattHarra

Strongly, strongly agree. This is a frustrating feature placement.

psygasm

Couldn't agree more. I've accidentally "hidden songs" from the autonomy of "add to playlist"... Lost from epic tracks from song radio.... Never to be found again.

Worst placement ever! Seriously. 

Please remove, or place at the bottom of the list. 

With it at the top, it implies all music is worth "hiding".... Hardly encouraging. Positives at the top, like, add to playlist add to queue etc... With this logic hide at the bottom makes most psychological sense. 

MichaelTapp

Yep, I am hyper aware of this issue and I still unintentionally hide songs.

Charlietawright

Totally agree. I submitted a similar idea!