Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
dustin89

Yes absolutely need this!

If I consider the amount of money and time Spotify must be spending on their ads to get people to go Premium, I find it strange that they won't consider this feature if the users have clearly indicated that this would most likely be the feature that makes them go Premium - I certainly would.  (They could easily turn this into a marketing exercise, use some of the marketing budget to develop the feature and make the world a better place - all in one go!) 🙂

export

It's just crazy that they won't implement this.  Obviously there must be some type of revenue stream that is affected by bloated, erroneously overstated playlists. Shame on you Spotify;  give the people what they want/deserve. 

Rethink and workaround:  I still believe it will be a great feature to be able to remove a song directly from the Queue and I will probably not go Premium until it exists, BUT in the meantime it's not too silly to listen through my playlists one at a time while keeping that list in focus, and simly removing unwanted songs as they come up.  (Granted it is still a workaround in my view, and you cannot remove it simultaneously from any other lists that it appears in.)

MyKungFu

I would love to be able to remove a song (thats being played at that moment) from a particular playlist)

Davidcolenz

No, it's a much better experience to go to plays lists, figure out the one playing, scroll down the 300 songs till you can find the one playing, the hit the 3 dots, remember it's not an option, hit the playlist edit button and delete the sing.

i mean that only takes two minutes, what are we all complaining about.   Who would want to do that in 2 seconds.

MegamanDS

This was brought up in 2012, why isn't still a thing? Remove from Playlist needs to be on the 3 dots of the "while playing" screen. 

Please add a remove from playlist function.  Do it for the playlist junkies!  Convenience first! 

apertotes

Wow! Spotify keeps climbing up in the ranking of worst companies. I have upvoted 3 very serious issues that were reported 3-5 years ago, and nothing has been done at all. They are probably baffled as to how Apple managed to get as many paying customers as Spotify in just a few months. Well, Sherlocks, get your head out of your ***** and take a look at what your users are asking for!

Jondalb

At least Spotify, give us a good explanation, this is so frustrating, everybody knows including you, that this would make the experience easier and better; besides its an easy task. So sure, go "not right now" but please tell us why?