Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
Cliffmusic

I totally agree with the most of the people. Why isn't it possible to add a option "remove this song from playlist". Now you have to touch on the three dots and then you have to scroll to your song, but if the song starts with the letter "Z" and you have 900 numbers, you have a challenge.....

For example use the Force Touch function.

**using a iPad and iPhone***

momi

Please 

😫

t-mic

Hey Spotify, it's Christmas 2017. How about it?

fernadosilva

Hello,

I would also strongly vote for such embedded feature. I have long playlists, and quite often I hear one song that I believe "it should not be here". However, I am not able to easily find it in the playlist edit menu, and a few hours later I do not even recall its name to proceed using the playlist manager or similar. The ability of deleting one song from the playlist "on line" would be a major and quite convenient improvement. It is such a simple feature that I am surprised that it is not even considered to "be building at the moment". 

H_Jay

Still not possible to remove a song from a selected, self created, playlist. Which is a shame.Still not possible to remove a song from a selected, self created, playlist. Which is a shame.

Saw this bittersweet post earlier (see below) and I'm guessing this means that Groove is consolidated into Spotify - good news since it supports the initial thinking that Spotify's the way to go, but bad news since this will probably not encourage Spotify to listen to users yet. 

I'm still standing by my decision NOT to go Premium until this feature becomes available, and to go Premium as soon as it does become available.  I'd be curious to know how many more people are sharing this view - it might be intersting to know if there's potential (and the extent thereof) for Spotify to get more Premium users by adding this feature.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4046109/groove-music-and-spotify-faq

everlast

Hi,

I Guess it's not always work. I don't have always the remove button when I listening some playlist. Sometimes I put artists and songs in more than 1 playlist May be it is why I don't know. 

It can be also more easy if we can remove album from playlist. It's really hard to remove song right now. For me nothing work. So I need to leave with some bad songs...

Sialia

There is no "Remove" button.  Crazy

stuartmcgrandle

I do not have the REMOVE option ?

delde001

Dont understand why this is not implemented. Just a button somewhere to remove the currently playing song from the playlist. Doesnt seem such a big thing to do?

Have spotify premium and waiting for this for some years now.

Herewith a little work around/hack using AUTOHOTKEY

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/150013-spotify-delete-current-song-from-playlist-and-go-to-next-s...

I've adjusted the script a little so its more stable and can be activated at any moment. (playlist you want to delete from has to be active in the spotify window)

; "Left Alt + DELETE" for deleting current song and go to next song. Note that playlist must be active in spotify
LAlt & Del:: ;the activating shortcut
IfWinActive, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow ;check if spotify window is open or minimized {if active delete song} {if not active, activate window then delete song and minimize}
{
    SetKeyDelay , , 20       ; makes it, that clicks won't come that fast
    ControlClick, x20 y1005, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow  ;click on a specific window, without acitvating or moving the actual mouse. You must set the right coordinates, use AU3_spy, normally in C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AU3_Spy.exe You need this, to highlite current song in Spotify
    sleep 400   ;wait. Adjust if you want. It seems spotify is sometime slow and need this time
    ControlSend, ahk_parent, {Ctrl Up}{Ctrl Down}{Right}{Ctrl Up}, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow   ;go to next song
    sleep 200   ;wait again for sluggish spotify
    ControlSend, ahk_parent, {Del}, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow  ;delete highlighted song, while next song is already playing
    return
    }
  else{
       WinActivate, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow
    SetKeyDelay , , 20       ; makes it, that clicks won't come that fast
    ControlClick, x20 y1005, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow  ;click on a specific window, without acitvating or moving the actual mouse. You must set the right coordinates, use AU3_spy, normally in C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AU3_Spy.exe You need this, to highlite current song in Spotify
    sleep 400   ;wait. Adjust if you want. It seems spotify is sometime slow and need this time
    ControlSend, ahk_parent, {Ctrl Up}{Ctrl Down}{Right}{Ctrl Up}, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow   ;go to next song
    sleep 200   ;wait again for sluggish spotify
    ControlSend, ahk_parent, {Del}, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow  ;delete highlighted song, while next song is already playing
    WinMinimize, ahk_class SpotifyMainWindow
    }return

Anyway this works.

Its a shame, however,  we have resort to such a workaround for program that is paid for and used by millon users!