Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
w0lfalot
The current state is not optimal and removing a track belongs in the 3-dot
menu. And it is not the only reason for concern, also clearing a queue is
ridicolous on mobile
balhata
There is no such option in playlist 3 dot menu on iPad. Why do we keep getting these non solutions posted when it is such an easy and simple thing to fix? I despair. I really do.
w0lfalot
It takes too many taps and ridicolous to search for the playing song. Hey,
you, the designer or team who’s reluctant to change ur obviously wrong
ways: Loosen up your hurt emotions on overengineered design desicions and
make it right
iimichaelv

NO @TomLegend

I DO NOT WANT to TAP MULTIPLE TIMES, and then have to perform a SEARCH in order to simply remove a currently playing song from a playlist.

We should just simply be able to tap the 3 dots, and select "Remove current song from current playlist".

sebert81

@TomLegend 

That is just pathetic....why do I have to search for the song currently playing?

You should be able to remove it right away or at least jump to it in the playlist.

MichelRa
Yes Tom!
Add a simple remove button!!! Dammm
Chiiino34
your answer is kind but useless, i already know those ways , it still does
not provide us with the simple solution we want and i repeat, its a SIMPLE
solution, you guys just have other reason why you dont want to ad it, im
not gonna sit here and speculate why, the fact is you wont , and now we are
using an app of a random guy , wich means this random guy does a better job
than your company wich is just pathetic
MichelRa
Hi,
Please share the link of the private made app.
Thank you
Mmmmisha

That is just a laughable response.  These are the "features" that "speed up" removing a song from a playlist?  Really?

MichelRa
They will never add it. They don't listen to there customers. So please all
stop paying for the service. When you are a free user you at least have a
"dislike" button. Almost a delete one 😉 It will gray out the track in the
list where you could delete it later.
Also everyone needs to call them by phone. Keep them busy untill they do
get it to listen to us 😉