Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
TropicalMoose
Thanks for your response. I am just back from traveling and now have time
to respond. But, it seems like the many angry responses to your reply have
said much of what I would say. I have no doubt that there are tens of
thousands of Spotify listeners who are unhappy with the situation and/or
would benefit from the improvements I am suggesting:
1. Ability to see all playlists a song is in at one time (e.g., drop down
menu like ITunes).
2. Ability to quickly and easily remove a song from a single playlist
(e.g., via menu in #1).
3. Ability to remove a song from the whole library at one time, song list *and
all playlists* at once (this is what "remove from library" should do - not
just remove from song list).
4. Ability to remove a song just from the song list and not any playlists.
If you were to do this for computers (PC and Mac) your listeners could at
least go there to organize and clean up there playlists. Phone and tablet
ability would be nice, but at least make it available via computer.
I have some understanding of what needs to be done. Assign one or more of
your software engineers to the task and for a large company like Spotify
this won't significantly dent your income and will make many happy! Thanks,
Marc
TropicalMoose
There isn't a link. It is in the Google Playstore (Android): Ask for
"Delete Song Spotify" and you should get it. Not as useful as I thought,
but a little better than nothing as provided by Spotify itself.
Blackmarket

Hi girls and guys, 

Last year I reactivated this topic and get many mails with your comments and support... But : Nothing happened until now.

It's tragic, it's unbelievable.

Our suggestion is so easy, a two click way to remove a song. I really can not understand why it is so difficult to implement this simple function. 

Otherwise it seems to be also difficult to implement a search for a band or a song through all playlist on Android devices.

So I would say, Spotify is great, but basic functions are still missing. 

Otherwise I also complaint in the past, that only 1430 artists Can be follow... This is appearently fixed now with out any Information by Spotify. So... There is hope that sometimes Spotify will read us, hear us.

Best regards, 

Rock on. 

Blackmarket 

tamingil

I do not have a find in playlist button on Android. I'm on version 8.5.16.781. This is one of the only things I don't like about Spotify. The process for removing a song from a playlist really needs improvement. Google Music's "thumbs down" (which from what I understand has come and gone on Spofity) was a fairly easy way to do it. In theier case it didn't remove it from your playslists, but marked or tagged it so you could easily find all the songs you marked and remove them later. Ideally there should be a thumbs down button right on the currently playing song screen. If you hit that a small window pops up (similar to the screen that says "this song is already in the playlist do you want to add anyway") and it should say something like "Do you want to remove this song from your library/playlists YES / NO or Cancel. That way if it was hit accidentally there is a way to cancel it.  This would be a HUGE improvement to this process. Thanks for your time and attention to improving your product.

w0lfalot

This is getting on my nerves. I just wanted to leave the house had to start the PC up again to clear my queue.

I know on my way I have to constantly fiddle with the phone because corporate spotify doesn't give a flying f.

Please, corporate spotify, stand up and show that you actually appreciate power users on your platform,  and not just emphasize repeated playback and braindead radios - that's what we tried to escape, instead you reinvented it with your opinionated dictatorship.

Seriously, I hate your style.

jsmzc
I got tired of it and use a different service now.
Yingwoei

This feature is very important to me as well. I purposely joined the community because I am very frustrated about the fact that removing songs from a playlist is not as easy as adding one to it. I greatly appreciate if the development team can add a "remove this song from playlist" button sitting below "add to playlist" button. 

Hope to see this feature soon. Thank you very much!

jsmzc
I cancelled my service until they develop this feature. I find Amazon music
and Google Play music just as easy to use without the added cost.
mariaz21

I need this so bad! 

With a big and old playlist it would be the top to be able to just swipe away songs on the go without having to stop, unlock the phone and use up mental bandwidth etc. Just let me effortlessly keep the playlist as up to date as the app and the music on it.. 

w0lfalot

Hey anyone who doesn’t want a “remove from playlist” button and a clear queue button raise your hands..