Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
gigdemon

Come on Spotify, this one is such an obvious improvement and it's supported by plenty of votes. WE NEED TO DELETE TRACKS IN REAL TIME. Please it makes common sense. Currently it takes forever to go hunting for the track. Some of us have over 5000 tracks in a single playlist. We are constantly adding and deleting, it's never ending to produce the perfect single playlist. It should be right click and delete on the current track in REAL TIME to speed things up.

mhkalin

Spotify remove button.jpg

Something like this.

squint

Ok, on the Spotify app for iOS, when I'm shuffling a playlist (for example "New Music"), and I'm playing a song from that playlist and I've got the Now Playing screen showing, I should be able to tap the 3 dots (...) and then tap "Remove from this playlist". That should remove the now-playing song from the playlist I am shuffling. This is very basic, though I have to admit no music streaming service offers this.

Because this isn't possible, I have to tap the playlist name at the top ("New Music", in this case), then find the currently-playing song (which the app does not automatically scroll to, although that would be a great enhancement too!), then tap the ... dots and then tap "Remove from this playlist".

Coheed1785
I believe Deezer has this capability
stubbles

Spotify has not and apparently will not make this easy and reasonable change.  It appears that Spotify does not care about its users.

peanutping

This is definitivly a feature that the App needs. It takes too much time to look up a song in a playlist, even with the search option. You just hear the song and want to say: no, not in that list... And done. 

squint

If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it.

On iOS, this doesn't happen. All they need to do is make it work the same way on iOS.

Spotify's weakness is keeping all their apps on all their various platforms in sync.

It's the weakness of most companies, when their employees have to work together and stay in sync. Different people work on each app, I'm sure.

Edwin71

This is a pretty new feature, right? It is not the perfect or most obvious way to remove the currently playing song from the playlist it is playing from, but I can live with this. Thanks for pointing this out!

whyyoudothis

pleeeeeeease can you add this on iOS. it's so simple and would really improve my life. 

here's what i have to do for lack of this button:

1) when i hear a song i don't want on the playlist, i screenshot it 

2) later when i am on my laptop i look through my phone photos to find all the songs to delete

scrolling through the playlist to find the right song is out of the question cos its a loooong playlist. 

'remove from this playlist' is a really basic feature, please please please can you add it.

thank you

xydegek

Please deliver us from this evil 😡

nicest would be without the question ‘are you sure’? And nicest would be if it stopped playing right after pushing this button. Makes no sense to continue playing it to the bitter end.