Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
draggedbyrogan

On desktop in the web player I occasionally get the option to directly right click then "Remove from Playlist", but as you can see in the screenshot it's not always there in the menu. And if I remember correctly, the last few times I got the link it didn't actually work. Very annoying since I have to scroll down through the infinite scroll (i.e., loading 30 songs at a time with pauses in between scrolls) and try to remember what albums I added around the same time as that song's album. Crazy stupid oversight in the design. I guess the engineers never get tired of any songs ever, or they don't have any giant playlists.

spotify cant remove from playlist - Copy.jpg

Halfjap

This is still a major pain to use why can't we just have a delete on the individual song?

mattyd911

When I'm listening to one of my personally-created spotify playlists, and a song starts playing that I feel should be removed from that playlist, I should be able to do so without needing to find the song within the playlist (Some of my playlists are thousands of songs long)

agrays71

When I listening to music on a playlist, it would be great to have the ability to remove a song I no longer want from the when it cones on the "now playing" screen as opposed to having to search through the playlist to delete. Most times i don't think to remove songs from a Playlist until it lands on it. Especially if there are multiple songs i no longer desire to have

Sardonicist

The fact that you can't remove the current song from the active playlist, or indeed search for it, is totally absurd. It's not as if most of the functionality is not already built in to the app - if you click "Add to Playlist" it can tell me that the song is already in the selected playlist... why can't you have an option there to remove it?

dafjnksanvwt0k2dawhh

While playing a song, the opportunity would be very nice to remove it directly from a playlist (where you also can add the song to playlists). If you use the shuffle option and discover a song you don't want to have in your playlist anymore, you have to look for the song in your playlist. Especially when your playlist is very long, this can be annoying.

Chqra

I have a playlist that has TONS of songs but have a hard time finding those songs to remove it so why not Add a this Button? so whenever you hear a song you dislike you can just go "i dont want this song in this playlist" and just right click and remove current playing song in playlist

stubbles

GOOD GRIEF!!  Provide a SIMPLE and DIRECT WAY to IMMEDIATELY delete a song that is currently playing from my own playlist.  MANY users have been requesting this for at least two years.  Fumbling around with multiple screens and menu selections is DANGEROUS and AGGRAVATING.  PLEASE, PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!!@

Novy
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Nathananderson
Not sure what u mean for iOS.
Those instructions don’t work.
But the three dots on lower left of currently playing song give access to “remove from this playlist”. It’s been like that for a while now. It just took like 7yrs to get there.