Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Top Answer
squint
Music Fan

If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it.

On iOS, this doesn't happen. All they need to do is make it work the same way on iOS.

Spotify's weakness is keeping all their apps on all their various platforms in sync.

It's the weakness of most companies, when their employees have to work together and stay in sync. Different people work on each app, I'm sure.

Comments
Magickly

It is beyond ridiculous and self-serving for Spotify to offer no real option to delete songs on devices, or at all. also every time you reinstall the app it automatically defaults to autoplay, so they can load up your playlist**bleep** you would never listen to, then cannot delete. Spotify can then lie/boost play stats & inflate numbers to artists and advertisers. This **bleep** noncustomer support, not offering call in support to embrace their bogus non-customer support  forcing users to have a Twitter or FB account or use chat. Almost impossible to even locate an email address to contact alleged Spotify  support. All they do is tell you to reset your password or reinstall, advice that does not work. 

Forget about their preposterous community/rockstar program inflating egos where customers are supposed to self-support? No support whatsoever. Huge ripoff,  more people need to complain about this. 

Roginator

"On iPhone, you can find the search bar by pulling down on the Playlist screen." Thanks! You're a lifesaver!

razu

I can't believe this simple feature hasn't been added yet. The "Now Playing..." card even shows from which playlist the song is playing from.

Just from googling I've found multiple threads and idea posts regarding this exact issue, through all of the years since 2012. Each closed for not having enough Kudos a year to keep open, however somehow this one from 2012 stays open.

Your latest update is such a lazy excuse. The core of the issue is still there, we have to navigate the playlist to remove a song. Imagine if the only option to add a song was to enter the playlist, press "add a song" and then search for the song. Which is the exact inverse of what we have to do now, to remove a song.

If I'm sitting on the bus and am listening to music and a song comes on which I would want to remove from the playlist, I just skip it because that is heaps faster than searching for it in my playlist. This obviously doesn't solve my problem and only annoys further when the song inevtiably comes on again the next time.

BreeBliss

Can you please make a more efficient way to delete a currently playing song from a playlist?? Some of my playlists have hundreds of songs and it's too lengthy to scroll through to find the song to delete it. How about adding a "Remove from playlist" in the Currently playing view menu or as another user suggested, to have it be as easy as adding a song. Please?! 

maxon123

No more pain) I cancelled my Spotify subscription and switched to another streaming service which is much more user friendly. Thanks Spotify and goodbye

mieg30

Maxon123,

which streaming service is that? Im prolly going to

LaurieC

Having to search for a song to delete it is impossible/illegal on mobile when you're driving in the car.

Perhaps next to the "liked songs 💚" you add a "" to be able to delete the song you're listening to from the playlist in one quick tap.

Magickly

Exactly! Also need option to delete from any playlist via dropdown menu &/or tap X to delete on android app & elsewhere.

DavidGP

Yeah @Maxon123,

which service is that? Spotify deserves that thousands leave every day because obviously they are completely deaf to the user's voice. 

stormense

@DavidGP Like The up and fall of Nokia: We knows best and must learn the customer what they like.