Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Top Answer
squint
Music Fan

If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it.

On iOS, this doesn't happen. All they need to do is make it work the same way on iOS.

Spotify's weakness is keeping all their apps on all their various platforms in sync.

It's the weakness of most companies, when their employees have to work together and stay in sync. Different people work on each app, I'm sure.

Comments
dn8

@alarus seems like “nope” ;---) 

mhkalin

In there status update on july 4 Spotify says:

Now you can click on teh three dots on the Now Playing screen and then select Remove to take it out of Your Music.

Maybe it's just me, but in iOS I can't find this option. Anyone found it?

routhfam
Your solution is a non-solution! There is plainly a strong call for this
amongst many of your customers. Y'alls response to this is a joke. Time to
try Apple's app on my Android. Your recalcitrance in this matter is
astounding! Thanks for being great for awhile. It was a pleasure until I
came to realize this major drawback. That coupled with your utter lack of
care about the customer experience is enough to drive me away.
KeSoze2
Good god Meredith. Do you know that the vast majority of your users use
Playlists? Why in the world wouldn't you make it easier for people to edit
their Playlists on their phone on the fly simply by adding "Remove This
Track"??

routhfam

This company could not care less about the customer experience. They've been hearing this for YEARS and decided to do nothing about it. I hope unsubscribing goes smoother than this hapless attempt to get them to correct this OBVIOUS problem.

robbyp0spotify

For god sakes please please please create a way to easily remove from a song that is currently playing from the currently playing playlist!  Make it an extra preimum feature if you want!  If money is the issue, I'd pay an extra $1 per month for this!  I'm dying here!  My Spotify experience is greatly being ruined by not having the ability to remove a song that is playing from the currently playing playlist.  How am I suposed to make my playlist perfect without this feature?  I'm usually in the gym or hard at work when I notice I don't want a song on a playlist and don't have the time to go through the long drawout process that is currently in place to remove a song from the currently playing playlist.  Music makes me happy, pumped and focused and to be interuppted in the middle of my currnetly requried mood by the lack of a feature that reminds me I shouldn't be using Spotify is very frustrating.  Spotify is 99.9% the way there.  This simple feature would enhance my experience sooooooooo much!  Do I need to send a link to a YouTube video of my begging for this feature?  I'll do it. 🙂

dondarone

Actually, "Remove to take it out of Your Music" is something completely different, as this doesn't remove the song from the playlist.

Spotify makes it easy to listen to thousands of songs, discover new music, and add it to playlists as you go. But it happens very often that you don't like a song anymore and want to remove it from the current playlist. Now looking up the song in a playlist with hundreds of tracks is tedious and deteriorates the user experience (when Spotify is used as it promises it can be used, see above). Please re-consider to implement this feature!

klanguru

<blockquote>For god sakes please please please create a way to easily remove from a song that is currently playing from the currently playing playlist!  Make it an extra preimum feature if you want!  If money is the issue, I'd pay an extra $1 per month for this!</blockquote>

Same here. I would pay 3€ extra to have a "Delete this song from playlist" option.

Having playlists with hundreds of songs it's really complicated to locate the currently playing song and to remove it.

I don't need an option menu with Add to Queue, Share, Show Album, Show Artist, and Go To Song Radio.

I just need Add to Playlist and Remove this song from playlist.

dn8

no way! I would never pay more for just letting them implement an obvious feature that is requested by the community for such a long time ... come on guys ... we're on page 33 here now!!!

jack4477

Does the plug in work? The "Remove from Spotify" playlist stays full. I logged in already. Also shame on spotify for not implementing this