Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Top Answer
squint
Music Fan

If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it.

On iOS, this doesn't happen. All they need to do is make it work the same way on iOS.

Spotify's weakness is keeping all their apps on all their various platforms in sync.

It's the weakness of most companies, when their employees have to work together and stay in sync. Different people work on each app, I'm sure.

Comments
MichelRa

STOP USING A PAYED ACCOUNT !

Then you'll at least have a "don't like" button, which won't play the track again. ;). Afterwards you can find the tracks grated out and finally remove them scrolling through the list.

And you can give up the reason why you stopped being a paying member 😉

balhata
Ridiculous that you cannot do this easily. Yet another simple feature that Spotify doesn’t have....
VincentBib
Annoying this isn't possible
schneq

I really don't understand how this is not a standard option. I'm playing my own playlist and I don't like the song anymore, I would expect an option in the menu to remove this song from the playlist that's playing.

MarkLedbetter

I'm so **bleep**ing close to deleting my spotify over this.. Deleting a song from a playlist is one of the most frustrating things about spotify. This is the top of my list of things to change/add. 

Iv had entire playlists made annoying over a few songs and trying to locate them by name on the android app takes FOREVER.  Why can't I just delete a song from the playlist as I'm hearing it??

danks

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! This is the MOST FRUSTRATING task in Spotify, and I don't blame ANYONE for wanting to uninstall Spotify for this very reason. I have considered doing this on multiple occasions. Not only is it overly complicated, it is just plain dangerous to even attempt this while driving (while adding a song is so simple) and it just wears away at your sanity for anyone who curates their playlists on a regular basis.

THIS IS THE ONE REASON I HAVE STOPPED RECOMMENDING SPOTIFY TO OTHERS. They just do not listen to user requests. To the point of just being jerks about it.

alejandroid92

I have the same proposal. Please Spotify make an easy way to remove a song from a playlist while listening to it (on Android)! Right now, it is not even listed as an option when you click settings while the song is playing.

See pictureNo way to remove the current song from the playlist I am listening to......No way to remove the current song from the playlist I am listening to......

jsmzc
I've cancelled my subscription. I'll reinstate after this gets fixed.
w0lfalot

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Mobile-Clear-queue/idi-p/4772081

Please see this as it's equally as headbanginly stupid!

Sshenouda64

604BB2C3-9F72-4232-8A77-33A8C2F25B56.png