Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
0_Kitsune_0

The shuffleplay button is ridiculously huge on android. I will never use it yet have to navigate around it constantly. Its just worthless. Why does Spotify seem to always have so much trouble creating usable designs for something so simple. The UI is always cluttered with stupid nonsense nobody wants. Its like Spotify delights in tormenting its paying users.

lopperma2

It’s gone! Thank you!

EF6D2946-A08F-4DD2-9744-79E9F8D8CA25.jpeg

PeterJenkins

Seriously? Its gone at last?

If others can confirm that it has actually gone (even if only on Premium) I may be coming back

BIGRICK
It's still there on my app, but I think it sits on top of the list of
songs, under the artwork, instead of permanently at the top, dominating the
entire screen. It's better than before.
lopperma2

Oh no. It’s still a shuffle button. It just looks like a Play button (with a little shuffle icon at the lower right). This is crazy. When I first tried it, it shuffled to the first song by luck. I had assumed that it was a multi-function thing. 
well, at least it takes up a little less space. I still don’t get the obsession with shuffle though. 

Paulmidders
Hi

Yes it is. We are making progress. But still a small shuffle button next to it. Which can be hit by accident. Still needs work Spotify. Just a play button will do. Thank you.
xaviervallot

I don't see any change on Android, maybe only on Ios ? (for the moment ?)

BIGRICK
I think they moved it down on Android to be above the song list rather than
dominating the whole screen at the top. It looks better to me.
xaviervallot

I've always seen it where it sits now, between artwork and song list... anyway, it's still here, hope they'll update Android app soon with the new/apple layout

fatnoah9099

I'm sure there are metrics to back up why these changes persist, but I purchased Spotify Premium because I loved the app. Every new update adds nothing I like and removes something I do like.  When I look for an album, I want to play it, not shuffle it!