Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

[Mobile] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2018-01-05

Hi everyone, Spotify staff here. We want to let you know that while we're keeping a close eye on the growth of this idea, it is still "Not Right Now" for us. We definitely want your feedback on the iOS design and so please continue leaving your comments on the shuffle button here. If we have any plans to revisit the Shuffle button design or remove it we will let you know here. Thank you!

Comments

I agree... I think 99% of people could find the shuffle at the top of lists from before and also access it while playing a song. The new shuffle button is very big and distracting. 

Agree with the above...the shuffle play button is very prominent and really clutters up the interface..for a function that many users would rarely use it seems. Any option to hide this would be great.
Regular

It is very, very annoying. If, at least, one could change it's behaviour to "play" instead of "shuffle" in the settings.

Even at the album folder, there is that huge "shuffle" thing. I don't think most (premium) users would shuffle each album.

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests to remove the shuffle play button on mobile apps.

Casual Listener
I like the new button. Why isn't their a vote against option?
Regular

me 2 likey taht button

Regular

I agree with the original posting. For someone like me who never shuffles the new button is far too in your face.

Community Legend

PLease remove it from android too.

Agree, I hate this button placement
Casual Listener

Yes, please remove this from there, I can't stand looking at that big, ugly button.