Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
HenryLeeNYC

YE

HenryLeeNYC

The "SHUFFLE PLAY" button makes NO sense. Why? I just came from working out at the gym, and it was annoying not to be able to just advance to the next track instead of a random track. I could just select the next song, but when I'm running, I don't want to have to search for the next track on the list. I just want to hit the arrow. Duh!

ToneDeaf

This Premium user Never.  Ever.  Ever.  Uses shuffle.  And, even if I did, the current placement and size of the option is a waste of real estate on mobil devices and procedurally out of place.  Please consider sending it to the scrap heap or, at a minimum, the option to turn it off in Settings.

bartonf0nk

P L E A S E put that button out of here. This is a feature I N E V E R used my whole life. Thanks

chrisforsberg

Whoever came up with the idea of this ugly "SHUFFLE PLAY" button doesn't know anything about user experience. Please remove it, or at least put a setting to turn it off.

DavidViggiano

I'll add my displeasure as well so as to hopefully help get it raised in priority.  Shuffle is a feature I would *never* use.  Leaving it as an unobtrusive icon on the "play" menu like it is (with repeat) would accomplish the same thing without having a large, annoying, unavoidable button blaring in your face.  Please remove this abomination in the next release.

jeremyyy

Please remove prominent shuffle button on mobile app. Looks like it's there by mistake for premium users.

penarthur
Yes, please get rid of this button. I almost never use shuffle play and to me it's an offensive waste of space.....(premium user)
Per_Nygard

Please Spoitify make an option so I can hide the Shuffle Play button!!

davious
The button is beautiful and not any use to me.