[Mobile] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2018-01-05

Hi everyone, Spotify staff here. We want to let you know that while we're keeping a close eye on the growth of this idea, it is still "Not Right Now" for us. We definitely want your feedback on the iOS design and so please continue leaving your comments on the shuffle button here. If we have any plans to revisit the Shuffle button design or remove it we will let you know here. Thank you!

Comments

AGREEEEEEE. REPLACE IT WITH PLAY/Stop

Can be stressing when your driving....... 

It would. Be possible to have it CONFIGURABLE !!   DO IT SPOTIFY......

I totally agree. I would even call it a safety issue: when driving, playing an album should be a 1 second/1 click gesture which is legal where I live (as long as device attached to dash), not scrolling past the huge shuffle button and double checking to make sure you click the first song. Even worse, that button does become a play button in certain circumstances, in my case a 'daily mix' playlist by Spotify. But an album created by an artist in a specific order does not warrant just being played. Nor user created playlists. 

Visitor

Please quickly add option to remove shuffle play button for premium account  ! It's really boring and dangerous in the car to find the first piece !

Casual Listener

Two years later and no update on the last status post. There are over 700 votes on this - spotify please comment. Let us change the main button to Play/Pause.

Hi all I managed to fix this by switching to Apple Music. Hope this helps. 

That's certainly and effective workaround.