Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mobile) Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing screen

The new UI for the Now Playing screen on mobile (iOS and Android) doesn't seem space-efficient. I understand that inevitably the design will be refreshed and changed, but, given the amount of unused screen space, I don't think it was necessary to move the view queue and repeat buttons into a separate menu. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to find space to these on the main screen, espcially considering how often many users make use of these features.

Note: Attached images show the Spotify iOS app version 8.4.91 on an iPhone SE compared to a previous iOS app version 8.4.81, I believe.

iOS Now playing menu.PNG
iOS Now playing Old.PNG
iOS Now playing.PNG

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

Comments
georgo

Totally agree - this refresh of the iOS app unnecessarily hides commonly used funcitons under a sub-menu! 
Please return the Repeat button to the Now Playing screen!

willsev

Please bring back the shuffle and repeat buttons.

Pyrrhic

After several years of being a paying customer, if they don't put the shuffle and repeat buttons back I'm finding a new music source. This change is beyond stupid and whoever had the idea needs to be fired.

ben_giff

Yep. This latest update is garbage. Why would you bury useful options under more clicks?

I especially appreciated the Shuffle Play option at the top of playlists. Why was that removed?

jazzcup

So tired of Spotify ghosting all these common-sense features for.... some **bleep**ing reason. Why don't you work on making your app snappier and work well on lower end laptops/phones instead of mind **bleep**ing people into somehow listening to artists that sponsor the platform. 

bronxred

A bigger issue for me is that I use the queue ALL THE TIME and now it's an extra tap on a screen I don't even need. Please return the queue to its former right-top-icon glory. Thank you very much! 🙂

rach_con

The hidden queue button is a massive loss, if I'm sifting through music and adding things to play next, I want easy access to edit and view that queue. The hidden repeat button is also a loss- I use that thing to repeat shuffled playlists I've curated, so give it back!!!

paytonhuffine

**bleep** please bring the repeat and queue icons back to the now playing screen. my partner has been trying to get us to switch to apple music for awhile now, and he might win now if the now playing screen stays messed up. 

4ensic
It may have sounded like a good idea in a meeting, but listeners disagree.